PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else upset with them?

jdgabbard
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Is anyone else getting upset with Factory Sales? I've been waiting almost two months for a size die and a set of handles from them. At first it was a 3-4 week wait for shipping, then I sent a letter asking to know what the hold up was. They told me it would be another week or two. Ok, so here I am on week 7 and their telling me its gonna be a couple more weeks before I can get a size die and a set of handles? I mean even the email I got back from them is almost verbatim what they sent me last time. The only difference was the first time he used my first name (what was on the invoice), and this time we used my middle name (what my email shows up as).

This is becoming stupid.

largom
05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Most factories producing reloading equip. are running full tilt. This buying frenzy is not only on primers and ammo but also on reloading tools also.
It takes time [time is money] to set a machine up to produce a certain item to meet existing orders. There is then a projected time to complete that run, but if more orders come in while that job is running it only makes good sense to run those orders also before setting up a different job.
I don't like it anymore than you do but I do understand their position. I worked in manufacturing for almost 30 yrs. Look at the waiting times for some of the mold great buys. Oboma sure did stimulate the shooting sports.
Larry

looseprojectile
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Their advertising says they are 2.8 miles from the Lee factory. My order didn't show up in three weeks and i called them. They said my order shipped yesterday.
I got the feeling that this company? is just drop shipping what they can go in and buy with a discount and making a proffit on shipping and handling.
NO more. Not from me. I have enjoyed the Lee gear I got from them, finally.
Life is good

mooman76
05-26-2009, 11:57 PM
They can't ship what they don't have. I'm sure they are unhappy too. They are loosing out on allot of business because they can't get items to fill orders.

mpmarty
05-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I will not buy from them. If I can't get it from Grafs or Midway I call Lee Precision direct and if it is not available I just forget it for a while and try again. Factory Sales is not a good place to do business with.

Tippet
05-27-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm not upset with them, but I've never placed an order with them. I generally go through Cabela's & Midway. I've had good luck buying bullets on Gunbroker, and old reloading gear on Ebay.

Hope you guys get what you need without having to wait much longer. That's got to be frustrating.

Fish_N_Russ
05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
That guy gave my dad the run around on a few things that should have shipped fast. Also told him a couple times it had shipped when it hadnt yet. Im pretty sure he just waits to get a chunk of $ from orders coming in and then goes down and buys what he can to fill those orders......pretty crappy way to do things when he gives the impression that he ships all the time.

jdgabbard
05-27-2009, 04:27 AM
They can't ship what they don't have. I'm sure they are unhappy too. They are loosing out on allot of business because they can't get items to fill orders.

The difference is, that they are showing that these items are in stock on your invoice. It SHOULD state "Backordered," and if it is then the "3-4 Week" statement in the email should make it in 3-4 weeks. Not 7 weeks with hopes of getting it in another couple of weeks. And not to mention that they send out IDENTICAL emails to you when you inquire about your order.

I'm not one to moan and groan about orders not getting in after a couple of weeks. And you know what, I'm not one to groan when it gets delayed for a week or two for one reason or another. But when you say its in stock, then send an email saying its gonna be 3-4 weeks, then tell the guy its gonna ship that week or the next, then three weeks later tell the guy that it hopefully will be there in next couple of weeks; I think you have to bite the boolit and admit that you have something screwy going on.

They didn't seem to have a problem charging my card two months ago. And they don't seem to be too forthcoming with information on when I can expect them to be delivering the goods. I understand that there is a HUGE demand for reloading equipment right now. But there is no reason why these items couldn't be delivered faster. My local reloading store gets orders in from Lee every week. It may be a couple presses or it may be a couple sets of dies. But their getting their stuff shipped in a reasonable time frame. Why not Factory Sales, since they are supposed to be "The" Lee distributor.

Ok... Done steaming.

waksupi
05-27-2009, 06:40 AM
That guy gave my dad the run around on a few things that should have shipped fast. Also told him a couple times it had shipped when it hadnt yet. Im pretty sure he just waits to get a chunk of $ from orders coming in and then goes down and buys what he can to fill those orders......pretty crappy way to do things when he gives the impression that he ships all the time.

That sure sounds like someone I know. Are you related to this guy?

JSnover
05-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I've had good luck with them in the past. I am waiting on a set of handles but I'm still within the 3 weeks they quoted. I have found that even if you shop around for a faster delivery time some vendors are not always telling you the truth. They're just trying to snag your order by telling you they can ship it now instead of three weeks from now, when the fact is they're getting the same item from the same source and the wait will be just as long.
I don't know if Factory Sales is any worse than anyone else, I just know it's hard to get a lot of things. Wait it out or cancel your order and spend your money somewhere else.

Tippet
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
That sure sounds like someone I know. Are you related to this guy?

Ouch! :mrgreen:

kanook
05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
date processed 3/5/09 today is 5/27/09 I'm only on the 12th week so no more whinning about 7 weeks. (just kidding about the whinning)

NHlever
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
The difference is, that they are showing that these items are in stock on your invoice. It SHOULD state "Backordered," and if it is then the "3-4 Week" statement in the email should make it in 3-4 weeks. Not 7 weeks with hopes of getting it in another couple of weeks. And not to mention that they send out IDENTICAL emails to you when you inquire about your order.

I'm not one to moan and groan about orders not getting in after a couple of weeks. And you know what, I'm not one to groan when it gets delayed for a week or two for one reason or another. But when you say its in stock, then send an email saying its gonna be 3-4 weeks, then tell the guy its gonna ship that week or the next, then three weeks later tell the guy that it hopefully will be there in next couple of weeks; I think you have to bite the boolit and admit that you have something screwy going on.

They didn't seem to have a problem charging my card two months ago. And they don't seem to be too forthcoming with information on when I can expect them to be delivering the goods. I understand that there is a HUGE demand for reloading equipment right now. But there is no reason why these items couldn't be delivered faster. My local reloading store gets orders in from Lee every week. It may be a couple presses or it may be a couple sets of dies. But their getting their stuff shipped in a reasonable time frame. Why not Factory Sales, since they are supposed to be "The" Lee distributor.

Ok... Done steaming.

So, call your credit card company, and tell them that you have been billed for goods not received, they will take care of it, and you can buy what you need from a reputable dealer.

jdgabbard
05-27-2009, 02:39 PM
So, call your credit card company, and tell them that you have been billed for goods not received, they will take care of it, and you can buy what you need from a reputable dealer.

Thats what I think I am going to end up doing. However, I shouldn't have to.

jcw1970
05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Ordered a .278 sizer from LEE custom services in April. Haven't got it yet. Called today and they said it would be 8 months.

squid1230
05-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I ordered a mold a couple of months ago from Lee Precision and was warned that it would be longer than usual for shipping. I replied that I understood the busy times but would appreciate if they would do the best they could. I received an email saying it had shipped less than a week later.

Maybe it was because it was a few months ago, maybe because I was understanding and polite, maybe because Mars was in the house of Saturn etc, but I have had only good service from Lee.

McKee Boykin
05-27-2009, 05:33 PM
I had to threaten canceling my order to get them to ship!