PDA

View Full Version : I've recently heard ...

nighthunter
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
That Browning has purchased the rights to the Winchester line of firearms. Anyone hear anything similar or different?
Nighthunter

45 2.1
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Winchesters new address is on Winchester Way in Morgan, Utah. Right beside Browning if that is any indication.

StarMetal
03-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah I've heard Winchesters rifles are finished, KAPUT, all the gun rags apparently wanted to get more facts before printing and they are saying now no reorganization, nobody buying them, etc., etc..

Joe

Uncle Grinch
03-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Guys,

Take a look at this press release that I accessed via the Hodgdon website.

http://www.wwpowder.com/

From this it looks like Hodgdon now markets Winchester powder.

Johnch
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Winchester ( U.S. Repeating Arms) , Browning ,FN and FN of America and several others I can't remember are all owned by the same Parent company .

Johnch

RugerFan
03-08-2006, 12:47 AM
I just got my April Handloader magazine today. There is an article concerning the Winchester issue which I won't type in it's entirety, but here's an excerpt:

"FN that owns USRAC and Browning, announced the Winchester New Haven, Connecticut, plant was closing its doors - out of business. Models affected were the 94, 70, and 1300. The models 86, 92, and 95 lever actions made in Japan would continue, along with firearms manufactured in other USRAC facilities, including over-under shotguns, the Super X3 shotgun, and Super X semiautomatic rifle."