PDA

View Full Version : Hats Off to Home Depot

NSP64
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Went by there to pick up supplies for the 'Honey Doo' list and received 10% off for being a Veteran. Sales clerk saw my tatoo and asked if I was a vet. I replied yes(I am) and received 10% off. Didn't have to show my DD214 or anything.

klcarroll
05-24-2009, 01:35 PM
OK, .....I'll give them points for that!

But my experience with them has been less satisfying!!

They erroneously reported me to the Credit Bureaus for "Late Payments"; ....and when I challenged them on the issue (....WITH documented proof!), …..they admitted their error, but refused to take any positive action to correct their mistake!! (They said I could "follow normal channels" with the Credit Bureaus!!)

So I am now spending my own money to protect myself against the groundless slander the gnomes in their business office treated me to!

Home Depot will NEVER get any more of my money! (Who needs their Chinese-Made krap anyway???)

Kent

Blammer
05-24-2009, 02:30 PM
klcarrol, a counter suit by a qualified attorney, ususally will net results or at least a cash payout to you.

mike in co
05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
i'm not big on frivelous law suits...but they begged for this one.

it has taken you years to build your credit score.
they have damaged it, acknowledged it,
and refused a remedy.

sue for 10k.....settle for something less plus fees plus correction, plus a letter admiting thier error.

time frame for correction or the full intial amount is due on demand.

my dad had an issue with timely payments on medical retirement. the judge let the company slide the first time. second time stern warning, third time my father was given a court order of some sort that basically said company would owe xx dollars ( monthly time months to 100 yr age) in a lump sum if any payment was late. the original order was for payment on a certain day, company was mailing....not delivering on time.
judes decsion was that delivery was the company's responsiblity, not the usps.

money always talks....

mike in co

klcarroll
05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
@ Blammer and Mike;

Thanks for the supportive remarks!!!!

Right now, I am basically headed in the direction you advise:

It just REALLY annoys me to "feather" some "lawyer's nest" in order to make an OBVIOUS correction to an erroneous reporting.

Win....., loose....., or draw, .....the Lawyers always get their money, ....don't they????

I really wonder what Jefferson would have to say about our "Litigation Dominated" society!!

Kent

mooman76
05-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I went there yesterday and also saved allot. My honey do list was pretty good sized too and I didn't even know about the sale but the clerk asked if I had a military ID. I thought that odd but it saved me $60.

JeffinNZ
05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
That's a very cool thing for business to do. Win, win.

I take it a DD214 is proof of service? I was in fear you might have to show a scar like Forrest Gump did to Nixon!

txpete
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
on a side note lowe's gives a 10% everyday if you show a military I.D. card.I just found this out.
pete

elkhuntfever
05-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I have been to Lowes, Home Depot and Menards. Menards does NOT give a discount to any military, at Home Depot it depends who I talk to and what store I am in. I have had answers from No to only on Holidays to Yes, all the time. Lowes seems to give them all the time.

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I wonder if the discounts are good for active duty or all vets?

Buckshot
05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
That's a very cool thing for business to do. Win, win.

I take it a DD214 is proof of service? I was in fear you might have to show a scar like Forrest Gump did to Nixon!

.............Discharge papers.

...........Buckshot

ETG
05-25-2009, 02:01 AM
My experience is Lowes is normally 10 percent higher than Home Depot.

carpetman
05-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Jeff in Nz--As you would suspect, our government uses a goboon of forms. DD forms(Dept of Defense) would be used by all branches. When I was a recruiter for example, I used some forms that were Air Force (AF forms) some that were used by Air Training Command---the command that was in charge of recruiting (ATC forms). DD forms being used by all branches--should I run out of a form I could get one from the other branch. Police record check form for example was a DD369--so the other branches used the same form. Military Id card for Air Force is DD form 2 AF , I think DD form 2 N is navy , DD form 2 MC for Marines. Anyways the DD form 214 is a record of service. You only have to show your buttocks to presidents that cant read as Forrest Gump did to Nixon---Bush would require a buttocks flash.

elkhuntfever
05-25-2009, 04:57 AM
I wonder if the discounts are good for active duty or all vets?

All vets as long as you have ID.

Bret4207
05-25-2009, 07:56 AM
You only have to show your buttocks to presidents that cant read as Forrest Gump did to Nixon---Bush would require a buttocks flash.

And Clinton would take a poke and Obama wouldn't know the difference.:killingpc

Baron von Trollwhack
05-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Stores haphazardly giving a veteran a 10% discount IN NO WAY REMEDIES THE HOME DEPOT CORPORATE POLICY TO ESTABLISH ILLEGAL ALIEN EMPLOYMENT CENTERS. They dam* well didn't establish that policy to honor veterans, but rather to encourage sales. Does anyone think those corporate swine are subject to the criminality and negativity of the invasion of illegals the people of this nation suffer?

BvT

runfiverun
05-25-2009, 04:36 PM
some of the donations[political,anti-gun type] home depot has made in the past disqualify's them from my buying list.
and i don't care if they are 90% lower, i will go to lowes.

cajun shooter
05-26-2009, 08:40 AM
They did give the wife and I the discount when they saw proof of my service. We bought a DW and the 10% was around $72. Still like Lowe's better