PDA

View Full Version : AR 15, 7.62x39.

softpoint
05-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Yesterday, I shot my new 7.62x39 upper (wife gave me for anniversary) with some cast bullets out the Lee 155gr(Ithink) bullet mold. Great results! One TEN shot group went into 1 1/16 inch at 50 yards. And I was shooting pretty fast. My first groups with this little rifle with J word bullets several days ago ran from an inch to about 1 1/4 inch at 100 meters. This upper was assembled by Model1Sales, and I believe they use Shaw barrels. This barrel slugged .310 on the money, shoots both handloaded jacketed .308 bullets, and jacketed Russian ammo well. The Lee cast bullets were lubed in a .312 die. [smilie=w:
The only bad part is that it took 5 months to get it from the time it was ordered!
This ammo with the Lee bullets was loaded months ago for a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 with H4227.

looseprojectile
05-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Tell me more about the function an reliability. Do you have the C Products mags?
I got rid of a Colt AR about a year ago because of the mag. problem. I do have an excellent mould for the AR in 7.62X39. That is good accuracy.
I now have an AR 15 in 9mm that I really like. Also, if you know the load you used I would like to hear what it is. Happy shooting.

Life is good

softpoint
05-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, I have the "c" products mags. Two 10 rounders and a 30, They have been 100%. One of my friends has had the same setup I have and he found out some time ago that the C mags were the ones to have. I ordered a plastic mag from brownells just to see if it was any good. Nope. I've heard that some other company is making a good one now too, but the C mags aren't really expensive.
My friend has the same setup I do, from the same place, his is reliable and accurate, too. Both the C mag company and Model 1 Sales were backordered several months, but I think now the wait was worth it. I have a Jard trigger kit in that lower, andI had to take thier hammer spring out and put a factory back in for reliability with Russian surplus ammo.That was OK though , as thier spring gave me about a 2 lb pull and thats too darn light anyway for field use. Factory spring is probably about 3 pounds. And one of the things I like about the little gun is the fact it shoots Russian ammo so well. Some days I just like to shoot a little without worrying about the brass. I have the 16" carbine flattop w/target crown and free float handguard.:grin: