PDA

View Full Version : Mueller scopes

atr
05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Mueller scopes.
Saw my first one today and was impressed by the optic clarity and the cost seemed very good
thanks
atr

Pat I.
05-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I've got a 4.5x14 APV on my 10/22 and I really like it.

kd7kmp
05-21-2009, 08:53 PM
I have the 3-9x Sport Dot. It's on my ought 6 and has been very clear,accurate and dependable. I will be using them again in the future.

Kevin

Terrier
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I have the APV and the 8.5-25X44AO Tactical and am very pleased with both. Yes, there are better scopes out there there is no question about it. But, if you are talking value, they are in a league all by themselves.
Terrier

Typecaster
05-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the topic…I've read good Internet reviews, but the closest distributor is about 60 miles away in a direction I don't often travel. After a few less than stellar results in buying "economy" models/brands, I want to give 'em the ol' eyeball test for chromatic aberration—color fringes give me headaches. Guess I'm spoiled by my Unertls, Leopoulds, and my Questar, but optics is NOT a shortcut area for me.

Richard

twotrees
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM
2 each 3X9's 4X14's and 2 ea 8.5X24's. I had some major input with Rich (Importer of Mueller scopes) on the latter and have the only 2 prototypes. Instead of the 1/8" dot lighting up, the whole cross hair does.

I did some testing of new armor for Ga Tech (I work there)and had to hit a 1/2"X1.5 " high piece within .1 inch of dead center. We reduced the loads in a 223 with FMJBT bullets to find the range that one would be caught in the 1/2" sq. piece. We did it (!!) and If I can find the e-version, of the picture, I'll add it later)

3 rounds fired at armor and 2 for sight in. The 1/8" clicks were very precise and repeatable.

I have had one of the 3X9's on my Marlin 45-70 for 3 years and it holds zero very well.

The only complaint I have is the 8.5X24 can't be used at 24X as it does start to lose resolution. Back it down to 22 X and all is right with the world.

Good optics for the money, great warranty .

The 1/8" illuminated dot is great for shooting hogs at night, under lights.
The eye piece bell is large on all of mine and require at least Med high rings to allow bolt function.

Lloyd Smale
05-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Ive got a lit 3x9 i won at a whitetails banquet. It seems to have excellent optics for a scope in that price range. No idea though how they hold up.

Bladebu1
05-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I have one I got for my self on my AR-15 Hbar
I could not afford a leapod but I like it
I have read the reviews and the web sites and they all seem to say if you only have 100 to 200 to spend and you want a good scope that is what to get
I do think I need differnt rings for it to bring it lower I used the scope rings off and older scope

dk17hmr
05-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Good optics for the money, great warranty.

I have a 8.5-25x44, 3-10x40 Extreme, 4-16x50, and 4.5-14 APV.

My 8.5-25 was one of the first ones to hit the market, after 4 years of use I had black spots showing up on the optical lens. I contacted the company via email and told them the problem, they said send it back and we will take care of it. I sent it out on a Monday and got it back the same week on Thursday, they sent me a new one.

I really like them for the money. They are mounted on 17 Remingtons to 7mm Magnums, I have had the 3-10 on a 45-70 everyone of them has no problems with zero changing.

I shoot alot a various distances zeroign at 100 yards and go out to 500 yards they track very well, the clicks are soild, MOA numbers on the turrets are easy to read, and the optics are clear. What more could you ask for from a "budget" scope?

I recommend them to anyone looking for a good scope one the cheap.