PDA

View Full Version : who sells paper patch bullit mold

TREERAT
05-21-2009, 12:49 AM
where can I get a paper patch mold for my .358 win at? looking for .350 diameter.

shotman
05-21-2009, 01:26 AM
I would try LBT he can make about anything. Someone can jump in and post contact info

Wayne Smith
05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Actually you can paper patch about any boolit. A specific PP mold will be a straight sided, possibly a slanted side al' la Pope. There are several guys here who can make you one, and probably most of them can be found down in the Paper Patch section.

pdawg_shooter
05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Actually you can paper patch about any boolit. A specific PP mold will be a straight sided, possibly a slanted side al' la Pope. There are several guys here who can make you one, and probably most of them can be found down in the Paper Patch section.

+1 on any mould. I have had a number of PP moulds and have sold all of them. I have better results with standard grooved bullets sized to bore diameter +.001/.0015 and patched back up. The grooves seam to hold a little extra lube.

WARD O
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I have had excellant results with custom mould maker Steve Brooks ala brooksmoulds.com out of Montana. I wanted to give PP a try with my 50-90 Sharps and he made me a single cavity mould where I specified diameter with 30-1 alloy and this mould is dead on when it comes to bullet size. I am shooting bore diameter minus .002 and they are shooting very good - but they are still a pain in the --- to make and load. I am looking forward to playing with this project more when work becomes less of an everyday program.

Ward