PDA

View Full Version : Saeco #58

harley45
04-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Anyone else got one of these? I got one as a present a couple of months ago and cast up a bunch. I tried some today over 5.4 grains of 231 and the results were excellent some of the best groups I've ever shot with My Kimber and Les Baer, shot to point of aim at 25 yds with the fixed sights on both guns, and with that large meplant it should handle chucks and the coyote pretty well with this charge. I'm guessing about 850fps but I'll chrono later this summer. I also had Buckshot make me a hollowpointing tool that should make this an even more versatile Boolit, I'm thinking about retiring my #68 H&G and ordering the 4 cavity version of this one. Anthony B may have some more to add as I know he has the same mold. Shame you don't hear more about this one.

beagle
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm surprised that Tony didn't sell you on teh 45-230-CM RCBS. That's a great bullet as well./beagle

bobthenailer
04-12-2005, 07:51 PM
hi i also have a # 58 ive had it for around 15 years ive made about 30,000 bullets with it , the bullets were mostly used for bowling pin matches for my brother in law & myself , every load ive tried shot about a inch at 50 feet with several different powders & 5 different 45 acp i also tried it in the 454 casull loaded in 454 cases and it also shot well i used loads approx 1000 fps & used a roll crimp with the bullet crimped over the bullet shoulder ! good luck with # 58 ! bob