PDA

View Full Version : Cat Wiz Flux

Nora
05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Doing a little casting today to enjoy the nice weather out side. To my amazement I've found a new smell that has got to be up there in my top 10 of worst smells ever. I've got a 5 gallonish yellow tidy cat bucket filled half full of muffins. Apparently our male cat thinks that the bucket is still his and is to use for, you guessed it. Didn't notice any thing till I added two more to the melt to top off the pot. Guess now is as good of a time to find the lid for that bucket after I hose every thing off. Think maybe I'll have to save one or two to share with friends, just to show how bad it smells. This is another good reason to cast outside only.

Nora

stubshaft
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM
:kidding:Does it work well as a fluxing agent?

randyrat
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
eeeeeeeuuuu i hate cat muffins. Thats funny

gnoahhh
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Cat..... the other white meat.

Slow Elk 45/70
05-18-2009, 02:24 AM
I Used to Have a cat like that..........marked everything.....I think I marked the spot...

Bigjohn
05-18-2009, 02:47 AM
I once had 32 feral cats like that but one by one they cashed in their nine lives insurance policies. :evil: :violin:

So you guess I could say, I marked their spots. :bigsmyl2:

John

Crash_Corrigan
05-18-2009, 05:46 AM
We hada problem with feral cats in '47. They had the balls to attack a baby carriage containing a weeks worth of groceries and my kid sister whilst being pushed by my Mom. Kid had to go to doctor for wounds and festering etc. Mom told Dad. Dad and I found large refrigerator carton. We cut a hole in the side to fit a rubber hose. Attached hose to car. Filled carton with cat food. Cats came. Closed box on cats. Started car. Cats died happy with full bellies. Worst part of job was digging holes for cats and burning carton fulla cat crap and urine.

Problem solved. Later on we took joy to removing cats with .22 bolt action rifles. We quickly learned to hit cats in head as body woumds were not readily deadly. Cats are tough and learn easily to avoid being shot.

Whisteling helps to freeze them momentarily, shoot fast and aim small.

Good=ammo cheap in 1947. Bad=thousands of cats in Catskill mountains in fall due to summer residents abandoning cats and going back to Brooklyn. We noted a large inclrease in the population of Coyotes in later years and they took care of the cats without human intervention. Coyotes love cats.

jonk
05-18-2009, 10:41 AM
My folks have one stupid male that pees all over the house. Fortunately in a few predictable locations that are easily cleaned and not over carpet. But still a pain.

One day he decided it would be fun to go on my workbench. Let's just say cat pee will eat through anything- brass, steel, etc.

Made sure to close the door to the workshop after that. Now he mainly restricts himself to the bathtub (gross but easily cleaned) and one wall in the basement (cement wall right next to the drain so also not an issue)

Personally I would love to throttle that cat but my mom is too soft hearted.

Hardcast416taylor
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Willy-Coyote is reported to have said cats taste like Road Runner!:groner:Robert

fishhawk
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
wife's aunt had a cat that used to do that key word there is "used" they moved into a apartment that had wall sockets in the floor one was behind the couch. long story short the cat marked the "floor" socket one day. cat let out a yowl! cat was doing laps around the wall! they finnaly got the cat and it was just laying there going ZHHH! ZHHHH! ZHHHH! almost foaming at the mouth! took it to the vet and gave the cat a shot to relax it was still going zhh zhhh zhh and stopped foaming at the mouth. they never did find any place other than the litter box after that where the cat sprayed! steve k

TREERAT
05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
heard a good one the other day, (Cat's, thats why all my .22's have at least 9 rnd. mag.)

I thought it was funny.

just in case you did not get it, one shot for each of the 9 lives.

Dale53
05-18-2009, 09:10 PM
My mother and father-in-law lived on the family farm. They ended up with WAY-Y-Y too many feral cats. My mother-in-law asked me to solve the problem. Since most of the cats would be found in the barn where there was farm machinery, I gave a safety lecture to my two sons, armed them with a .38 Special with snake loads (Speer shot capsules with #9 shot). They cleaned out the cats with NO damage to the surroundings. Those who say snake loads don't work, just don't know what they are talking about.

Dale53

WildmanJack
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Back in the 60's I was a young cop. One afternoon my Lt. said" ya know we have way too many cats running round we need to pop a few of them". Since I was the new guy and on the midnight shift, it was my job. So I brought my .22 rifle and some potatoes ( as a supressor) over the next three nights I killed about 20 or 30 cats, ( hard to remember exactly how many back then). One morning my Sgt. walks in and asks if I have seen his cat anywhere. I asked if it had a collar on and he said no. Now I figured if I told him I probably wacked his friggen cat he would keep me on the midnight shift forever, either that, or put me on days so I would have to work with the Chief... I told him I saw his cat running with a wild Tom cat that had been around for a few months. Nothing more was ever said.. Sure glad I put his dam cat in the local restaurant dumpster...
Cat the other white meat........................

:D
Jack

oldtoolsniper
05-19-2009, 07:47 AM
The worst part about cats is all of the irresponsible owners who let them run free. Then there are the people who don’t want them anymore so they dump them out in the country. I am not a cat person, but my hat is off to you for dealing with the problem you have with your cat. Pets can be maddening with some of the things they do, but that is part of the job when you make the choice to become responsible for one.

Hip's Ax
05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey Nora! You can use those ingots to cast boolits for +P loads. :)

snaggdit
05-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Nora! You can use those ingots to cast boolits for +P loads. :)

Too funny!

ghh3rd
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
About 40 years ago I was walking home from school past an abandoned property in the small town of Knob Noster Missouri. I always wondered what was in that old decrepid wooden shed behind the house.

I found out one day when I finally went back there and pulled the door open, and almost got knocked over by a huge feral cat who went flying through my legs, screaming. Inside, there was a half eaten rabbit, and many many bones.

I haven't investigated any abandoned sheds since.

Randy

thenaaks
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I haven't investigated any abandoned sheds since.

Randy

i've seen too many scary movies to even think about it.

gray wolf
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Cast for +P--now that is funny--I mean that is thinking.---Hey why didn't I thunk of that.
cat pee--+p. What a guy. round of aplause. [smilie=s: :bigsmyl2:

:redneck:

crabo
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
My BIL lives in Tuscon, and when he got married, his wife had a few cats, and then there were a couple of litters and he ended up with about 17 cats. He started picking them up 2 at a time and dropping them off at the SPCA every few days.

He and his wife were out walking and a pair of coyotes came out of a gully and crossed the road. She asked, "do coyotes eat cats?" "Sure do" he replied.

She then stated, "That must be why we are losing all our cats"

"Could be" he replied and nothing more was ever said. They now have three.

Mk42gunner
01-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Willy-Coyote is reported to have said cats taste like Road Runner!:groner:Robert

And just how would he know??? As I recall Wile E. Coyote usually ended up holding the anvil in mid air, or finding the train in a tunnel.

Robert

ghh3rd
01-19-2010, 01:36 AM
By the way, you aren't using all of his Kittly Litter in your melting pot are you -- that may have Peed him off!

Tom W.
01-19-2010, 06:28 AM
I HAD a bunch of cats that only came around when I fed my House cats. One day I came home from Church and a cat ran up to me and started hissing. I went and got my .22 and started a year long rampage of eliminating cats. It seemed like for every one I killed, three came to it's funeral. And stayed. I went in the backyard and dug a deep pit, put cat food around it, and started popping them from the back porch. They generally flopped right into the hole. It's been a few years now since I've had to do any pest control.

Cats do not make good fertilizer.....

Cowboy5780
01-19-2010, 06:45 AM
LOL at +P loads damn good idee

Taylor
01-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Had a cat at one time that took a liking to a pair of my boots.The vet helped him to rethink his place in the house.