PDA

View Full Version : Finally - Browning BPCR Book is finished & ready to take orders

texasmac
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey guys,

I been promising to complete my book (Browning Model 1885 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle) and offer it for sale for several years. Well, It's finally done and the presses are rolling. I've even set up a web site to provide all the details and take orders. I think it looks terrific and you will find a wealth of valuable information inside, but of course I'm biased.

As you know, all the modern Browning and Winchester Miroku manufactured 1885 high wall receivers are almost identical, the exceptions being the caliber, minor cosmetic differences and possibly an ejector rather than an extractor. What I'm leading up to here is, although the 1st section focuses on the Browning BPCRs, some of which is applicable to non-BPCR models, much of the larger Appendix also applies to the full line of Browning and Winchester M1885 High Walls, and to some extent even the Low Walls. For example there's a detailed description of the operation of the action and another extended chapter deals with disassembly and assembly. But rather than try to cover all the details here, check out my web site, which I've just set up primarily to advertise the book and take orders. It includes images of the front and back cover and the complete Table of Contents. The web site address is http://www.texas-mac.com/. Thanks for your interest and spread the word to your friends with Browning and Winchester M1885 High-Walls and Low-Walls.

Best Regards,
Wayne

Doc Highwall
05-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I want one. Bought one of the Winchester 45-90's from you. Will send a postal money order asap. Doc Highwall

6.5 mike
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Even through I don't shoot blackpowder, this will go on my I WANT list. Looks great.

Doc Highwall
05-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Wayne, I mailed you a postal money order today. Looking forward to getting the book.

texasmac
06-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey guys,

Check out the updates I recently made to my web site http://www.texas-mac.com. Besides the web page on my Browning BPCR book, I just added a page offering several original Browning catalogs for sale that display the Browning BPCRs. These are just the thing for you Browning BPCR owners, especially those of you collecting the rifles. Your collection would not be complete unless you have a copy of all the catalogs and literature displaying and advertising the rifles. I also added a page with links and directions to check out any firearms I have for sale.

Wayne