PDA

View Full Version : Need good pan lube recipie

steveb
03-03-2006, 12:46 PM
I am looking for a good (simple) pan lube recipie for using with 357Mag, 44Mag, and 30/30 with smokless powder. Any help appreciated. I did a search for bullet lubes but looking more at pan lubing.

Dale53
03-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Emmert's Home Mix is easy to mix and works well with smokeless (plain base bullets to 1500 fps) and Black Powder Cartridge Rifles. It works very similar to SPG but it is inexpensive as well as effective.

It is used by many championship caliber Schuetzen Shooters.

The formula is:
50% Pure natural beeswax
40% White Crisco (looks like lard)
10% Canola Oil
All by melted volume. Be sure and use a double boiler so as not to overheat the lube (will destroy it). I use a common saucepan out of my wife's kitchen and melt the lube in a LARGE Pyrex pitcher. The pitchers can be found at Wall-Mart and are graduated making it easy to measure.

Really good lube that will pan lube well (I use large cake pans and prefer the teflon variety - got mine at a thrift store) and also works well in a lube sizer.

I have a detailed article that I wrote for a magazine that, step by step, explains the path to success with pan lubing. If you are interested, write me direct and I will e-mail it by attachment.

Dale53

steveb
03-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks Dale!!! email sent!