PDA

View Full Version : 175gr. for glock 24

mongo404
05-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I know it has probably discussed before? But my son and I shoot uspsa and we both shoot glocks. He shoots production G34 and I shoot limited G24. I have been casting for both with 60% lino 40% ww with good results the ony thing is that I am loosing about 10grs.per bullet on the 40s and about 2-3grs on the 9s should I reduce the lino or would this be to soft or just up the powder to get power factor and leave well enogh alone?
Thanks
Daniel

Shiloh
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Either.

I am shooting range scrap and other scrap. that is water hardened. There is about a lb. of lino added. It is plenty hard fro me. IMO, you could be reducing your lino by 40% or more, water harden and still get a darn hard boolit. Why do you need them so hard?? Save the Lino for hardening soft lead.

Shiloh

I shoot a LEE 175 gr. TLSWC with the bevel base machined off. Weighs right at 158 gr.

fredj338
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I think you are wasting a bit of lino. A 50/50 mix would be plenty hard air cooled. Like shilo, drop to 3-1 for water dropped & they will still be plenty hard. I shoot straight ww out of most pistols w/ very good results.

swallytrip
05-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Either.

I am shooting range scrap and other scrap. that is water hardened. There is about a lb. of lino added. It is plenty hard fro me. IMO, you could be reducing your lino by 40% or more, water harden and still get a darn hard boolit. Why do you need them so hard?? Save the Lino for hardening soft lead.

Shiloh

I shoot a LEE 175 gr. TLSWC with the bevel base machined off. Weighs right at 158 gr.

Probably the rason for shooting such a hard boolit is because glocks aren't supposed to shoot lead with a factory barrell but I have heard of people doing it with real hard lead? Been wanting to try it in my G19 but haven't yet.

Shiloh
05-12-2009, 06:10 PM
My buddy shoots a Glock 20 with WW/Range mix. No problems. I know, I told him.
I KBoomd a Mod 22 years ago with cast. Go with an aftermarket barrel. We experimented with a Mod 17 and cast. No problems with pressure, just hitting sideways at 25 yards and poor accuracy.

Shiloh