PDA

View Full Version : Star luber question

hotwheelz
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I sized some .40cal a week ago everything ran great, come in today to size up some .45 acp and fought with it the hole way it was to hot then to cold not enough pressure then to much not sure why it would change so much from 1 caliber to another or is it just me ? The lube is the same and I didnt mess with the temp unit I relized it was to hot today the heater is a magma, lube is Jakes Moly cresent . Any ideas ??

ddeaton
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Double check hole alignment with the lube groove first. Turn heat down, better to start out a little cool and turn up heat as needed. Are you running hollow lube sticks? If so, check for air pockets. I melt my lube and pour into the sizer. walk away from it for a few minutes and calm the nerves. It will get easier the more time you get on it. I was the same way til I got used to mine. Are you running the air cylinder?

hotwheelz
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Double check hole alignment with the lube groove first. Turn heat down, better to start out a little cool and turn up heat as needed. Are you running hollow lube sticks? If so, check for air pockets. I melt my lube and pour into the sizer. walk away from it for a few minutes and calm the nerves. It will get easier the more time you get on it. I was the same way til I got used to mine. Are you running the air cylinder?

Alingment was good, yes Im still using up the last of my hollow sticks tried the melt down a few fill ups ago didnt realize there is a small air vent in the back of the luber when I put the lube follower in shot a bunch of the lube all over the wall, Im tring to trade my bullet feeder for a air cylinder right now .

ddeaton
05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I started out with the air cylinder, I have no time on the pump.