PDA

View Full Version : Mould size question

mustanggt
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I have two ranchdog moulds in .432 (Super Blackhawk) and .460 (Marlin 1895 xlr) and they work very well. Very accurate in both guns and am pleased with them. However I would like to expand my mould collection to include smaller weight bullets yet still retain the same diameter as the ranchdog moulds. What manufacturer makes moulds that will size larger than standard, ie. 429,430 or 457and 458? I've looked at RCBS, Lyman, Saeco etc. I've also looked at others that are prohibitively expensive. Does anyone know where I could look? Appreciate the help. Thanks

armyrat1970
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I have two ranchdog moulds in .432 (Super Blackhawk) and .460 (Marlin 1895 xlr) and they work very well. Very accurate in both guns and am pleased with them. However I would like to expand my mould collection to include smaller weight bullets yet still retain the same diameter as the ranchdog moulds. What manufacturer makes moulds that will size larger than standard, ie. 429,430 or 457and 458? I've looked at RCBS, Lyman, Saeco etc. I've also looked at others that are prohibitively expensive. Does anyone know where I could look? Appreciate the help. Thanks

If you haven't already check out Lee. I find their molds either drop to the stated diameter or slightly larger.

mustanggt
05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I have 3 other Lee moulds, two of which drop bullets at the size stated on the box. The other one drops them .002 larger. The alloy melt is the same with all of them. It seems that it is hit or miss with Lee as to what the bullet will drop. Thanks for the reply.

SciFiJim
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
At Mountain Molds (http://www.mountainmolds.com/) you can order a semi-custom mold the the specific size that you want using the alloy of your choice.

mustanggt
05-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll check them out right now. I appreciate your help.