PDA

View Full Version : My search for lehigh lube is over,i think!

mainiac
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Ive read for a long while about using ballistol/water patches that are dry when loading,and this weekend i finally got to experimenting. I soaked my patching (jo-anne fabric pocket drill) in 6/1 ratio ballistol/water,and let dry over night. Long story short, i shot some of the smallest groups ive ever shot in my .32 cherokee with this lube/patch combo!! They start hard, but i guess ill put up with it,as well as it shoots. BTW, a 6 shot group @ 50 yards measured .785, and 4 shots was .298!!!! I dry wiped between shots,and there was no difference in seating pressure between shots 1 and 12. As i said before, the ball starts some kind of hard with this dry patch, but i found that a wooden hammer handle on the short starter, saves my hand!!! I guess now that i will have to try different ratioes. It never ends,so it seems.........................If i could still buy lehigh valley lube,i wouldnt be fooling around try different stuff.

RayinNH
05-10-2009, 08:37 PM
and 4 shots was .298!!!!

mainiac, my one shot groups are bigger than that :bigsmyl2:...Ray

mainiac
05-10-2009, 09:14 PM
mainiac, my one shot groups are bigger than that :bigsmyl2:...Ray

Wanted to shoot my .50,s today with the new patchin technique,but the weather is very bad today. You got this damn 3-40 m.p.h. wind over there today? I dont know if your a southerner,or an easterner? Got my wood stove going again tonight,suppose to be freezing temps tonight!!!

chuebner
05-17-2009, 08:19 PM
This outfit carries a replacement for the original Lehigh Valley Patch Lube.

http://www.fortchambers.com/Products/Accessories/accessories.html

charlie

northmn
05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Others have extolled the virtues of Lehigh Valley Lube and have regretted its passing. I have heard that it is still being made or copied under another name. Never used commercial lubes or cleaners as they can get spendy. Currently I have been having fair luck with radiator anti-freeze.

Northmn