PDA

View Full Version : Another fine auctioneer

Flash
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't know how many of you have been watching this guys auctions on ebay but he advertised that he doesn't do the "Buy it now". He had a few hollow point moulds with checks and bidding was breaking the $100 mark for each. Mysteriously, they were all canceled this morning and he screwed all the potential bidders. This is the nonsense that I hate. His words meant, "I'll be fair but I'll sell you out for a dollar". I hope nobody here bids on his auctions.
twocansam49 is his user name

59sharps
05-10-2009, 02:52 PM
did he cancel or did ebay. no money exchanged hands therefore no foul. he probably did the bidders a favor . some people do not know when to stop bidding especialy when it gose over what you would pay for it new. my 2cents

Flash
05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
did he cancel or did ebay. no money exchanged hands therefore no foul. he probably did the bidders a favor . some people do not know when to stop bidding especialy when it gose over what you would pay for it new. my 2cents

He has some desirable stuff and unless ebay waits 8 days and then cancels, he did it himself.

Storydude
05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
One of the joys of living in a capitalistic society.

A person can sell something for whatever one wants, in whatever way one wants.

mike in co
05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
He has some desirable stuff and unless ebay waits 8 days and then cancels, he did it himself.

sleazybay's policy is to let the auction go till about the last day....then cancel them for whatever reason sleazybays wants.

mike in co

RogerWatsonfromIdaho
05-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Flash,

twocansam49 most recent E-bay item 400048988434 has the statement:
Sorry for the inconvenience. The auction service canceled the previous listing on Mother’s Day morning because it contained comments that I would accept payment other than electronic, which is against their policy for this category of product. Well, this is America and I play by the rules, so I removed the wording that did not comply with their policy and relisted this item. Thanks for being patient. As a courtesy, no additional postage or insurance, if you win more than one auction. Thanks Larry

One of twocansam49 cancelled items said:
PayPal, MO or CC only, please.

stubshaft
05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Soounds like the presidents speech writer.

BCall
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
E-bay cancelled him. If E-bay cancels an item, it disappears from all listings, including watch lists. You can no longer look it up, even if you have the item number. If a seller cancels an item, it shows up as ended, and you can see whatever reason the seller chose to cancel the item. He has relisted, I can see no reason why he would cancel the auctions only to relist them. If he did, he would still have to pay the listing fee, so it would not benefit him to cancel. E-bay's current policy will not allow you to accept anything but electronic payment. Billy

mike in co
05-11-2009, 01:51 AM
E-bay's current policy will not allow you to accept anything but electronic payment. Billy

just one more reason to stay away from them..........................money is no longer any good ??

no i dont do biz there

mike in co

jar-wv
05-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Ebay now only allows payment by ebay owned paypal. By the time you get done selling you have both ebay and paypal taking a swipe out of your money. I used to sell a few things there and probably will in the future but I hate doing it. Last time I tried to get money from paypal I could only get $500 at a time and had to wait a few weeks before I could get the rest of MY money.

jar

Shiloh
05-11-2009, 08:18 AM

It is amazing what some folks pay for used stuff. An obsolete or discontinued item is one thing, but to pay twice or more what something goes for new is insane.

This has been going on LONG before the reloading and casting markets got tight.

I sometimes follow auctions to see what stuff goes for. Incredible.

Shiloh

runfiverun
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
i tried to buy gas at a place in s.l.c. once and they wouldn't take cash.
had to leave and go somewhere else.

59sharps
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
ONCE HAD AN ADD PULLED BECAUSE I WANTED TO CHARGE BUYERS USING PAYpal over buyers using money orders or checks the fee paypal would charge me. was told i could not do it. that i ad to figure paypay charge it into my price. canceld my paypal and have not used ebay since.
I do not see it any diffrent than gas stations having cash and cretit prices.

hotwheelz
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Ebay now only allows payment by ebay owned paypal. By the time you get done selling you have both ebay and paypal taking a swipe out of your money. I used to sell a few things there and probably will in the future but I hate doing it. Last time I tried to get money from paypal I could only get $500 at a time and had to wait a few weeks before I could get the rest of MY money.

jar

I bought a few items last week with M.O order I know they have made it complicated and hard to understand but you can still pay in other ways then pay-pal .

ONCE HAD AN ADD PULLED BECAUSE I WANTED TO CHARGE BUYERS USING PAYpal over buyers using money orders or checks the fee paypal would charge me. was told i could not do it. that i ad to figure paypay charge it into my price. canceld my paypal and have not used ebay since.
I do not see it any diffrent than gas stations having cash and cretit prices.

Same thing for me I put pay-pal payments please add 4% to final price they waited until my auction had about 8hrs left and pulled them. I dont buy and sell as much as I used to on there but there is still a deal or 2 once in awhile.. JMHO

odoh
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
As a new seller, I made the mistake of adding MO is preferred. The winner sent a MO and Ebay failed to charge me. I tried to make it right but they couldn't accept the fact that I wanted to pay their rightful fees/charges and became defensive. So, gave up and don't sell there no more.