PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Mr. McNeeley, lead seller?

markinalpine
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I noticed his ad at the bottom of the page went away.

I was interested in trying his product.
Did I just wait too long? :groner:

Mark :killingpc

leadman
05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Try this site: www.mcneeleyenterprises.com

Don't know what happened to the link here.

markinalpine
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I tried doing a web-search, but I think I mispelled their name, probably tried McNealy, :confused:, and as usual ended up with a bazillion results, none of which were correct.

Mark :mrgreen:

Wilburt
05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
You know, for $1.40/lbs you could also try:

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=12

It's $1.47/lbs.

SciFiJim
05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
The Missouri Bullet company is offering a 5% discount to members on The High Road forum.

Anyone wanting to take advantage of our THR Discount Offer just needs to visit the website, place an order, and enter "HighRoad5" into the promo code box at checkout, at which point 5% will be deducted from the order.

Works out to $1.40/lb for foundry blended Lyman #2 alloy.

GabbyM
05-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Their was a fellow on swapin & sellin offering 2/6 alloy at a resonable price.
He lives closer to the Lawrence shot plant than I do. Don't know if he still has any.
For a $1.40 I'll ship you all the 2/6 alloy in 8lb ingots you want. Would be six or seven ingots per box at actaul weight. $1.40/lb. shipped.

JIMinPHX
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
McNeeley was offering 60 pounds for $50 shipped. That's below a buck a pound, even after smelting.

leadman
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Jim, the website has $1.49 a pound now. They have changed some things on the webpage.

I don't know if they are still offering the Cast Boolits people the same deals as before.

I was looking at Rotometals site and they say lead has gone up twicwe in the last month, but tracking it on the scrap sites I don't see much of and increase.

SciFiJim
05-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I checked the deal right before posting. Sign up at The High Road (http://www.thehighroad.org/) forum and then as a member you can honestly use the discount. Search "Missouri Bullet" there and you will find the text that I copy and pasted. That forum is more about shooting than reloading or casting but there is a lot of good info there, just as there is here.

JIMinPHX
05-10-2009, 10:49 PM
If Mr. Mcneeley is no longer interested in making the same offer that he had posted on the board, then I can make some of the material I got from him available at that price. I still have several buckets left & I only want to keep 2 for myself.

Please try Mr. Mcneeley first. I'd rather disperse my stocks locally if he is still making his material available directly via mail order.

armyrat1970
05-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Try this site: www.mcneeleyenterprises.com

Don't know what happened to the link here.

It works.
Markinalpine just click on the link leadman provided and it will get you there. Then click on Online Lead Shop at the top of the page.
Has no mention about the tin content though. Anyone know?

odoh
05-11-2009, 02:03 AM
It works.
. . . .Has no mention about the tin content though. Anyone know?

No, not really ~ as it indicated it was from recycled lead shot, I took it to mean reclaimed shotgun lead that doesn't need tin as uses shot towers to form the shot instead of moulds. They appear to be big in the reclaimation/range mining business. In that my use is for casting using mould, tin is necessary for fill out and an additional expense so it looks less attractive to me. Guess a fone call would be more beneficial than my guessing.

JIMinPHX
05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
The material that I have is the recovered shot itself. I get 90-95% yield when I smelt it. Mugs reported a lower yield when he smelted some that he bought from me. I get good results casting with 1% tin added. When I tried to cast with it straight, I got some wrinkles.

Some pictures of boolits I cast with it straight & with roughly 1% tin added are in post 146 & 147 on this page - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=44549&page=8

The hardness is posted there too.