PDA

View Full Version : Gunowners... TAKE A DEEP BREATH

dakotashooter2
05-05-2009, 12:00 AM
For heavens sake take a deep breath. This is getting rediculous. Rediculous rumors are coming out of the woodwork and everyone is starting to run around like chicken little. BREATH!!!!!!!!!

BREATH !!!! Undoubtedly anti gunners are gonna step up efforts to control gun ownership. We all new this battle was eventually gonna come. Some of the stuff being rumored make British, Canadian and Australian gun control look like a minor inconvenience.

BREATH !!!!! This stuff is NOT gonna happen overnight and dispite the DEMs having control, and is still gonna meet some stiff resistance from gun owners. The current ammo shortfall has even got grandpa Joe Hunter concerned and maybe for the first time realizing the risk. That is a good thing for our side.

BREATH.....Many of the rumors floating around are issues that we have been fighting for years or at least have been aware of for some time. WE need level heads to prevail. Not panic. I am as concerned as anyone but vigilance and accurate communication is the key. What you hear from your brothers, girlfriends,exboyfriends, uncle does NOT classify as valid information. If you hear something ask for a verifyable source.Legislation REQUIRES a paper trial. Follow it IF it exits. Gunshop owners are not necessarily a valid source. They spread rumors too.

BREATH..... Anti gunners are counting on us to panic and fall apart (do stupid things)in order aide their cause. WE need to stay sharp and fight them with the greatest power we have.. The Constitution. Remember our government is here to serve us not the other way around. We need to be a (non-violent) threat until that time comes that the people no longer control the government as the constitution intended.

BREATH.... Remember.. that while it has already been interpreted that the government can place reasonable limitations on firearm ownership, when those limitations prohibit the masses/majority from the exercise of that right those limitations are no longer reasonable and a violation of those very rights.

BREATH.... Don't give the anti's and government any more ammo or resolve than they already have.

I would hope the Dems soon realize this quote " I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant"

Ole
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
I agree with most of what you posted.

Shooters/sportsman are our own worst enemy at this point. I hear a new "Obama is going to ban ______" link almost every day. It's getting a bit silly.

Remember this: There are a lot of people making a lot of money off the lemmings that are paying stupid prices to hoard ammo and components right now.

Mtman314
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I agree, Take alot with a grain of salt and then verify. Also it is very interesting to find out alternatives, if the bans do take effect and if shortages happen. I'm already 6 weeks behind in getting the moulds I ordered. Meantime I'll go to another place to place a different order. Inch by inch it's a cinch yard by yard very hard. Patience is required, I can get the things I need it's just rough to do so. I don't pay the exorbant prices if I can't get it at the regular prices I was paying at I go elsewhere and I tell them when I think the prices are to much and I'm feeling gouged. So far that has only happened twice. Today I got 2 boxes of factory ammo in a pawn shop for about 3/4 the price of new. As was said on this site before when they gouge let them know you won't be back later when the components are plentiful again.

klcarroll
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I also agree!! ......We need to respond only to REAL threats; .....And then ONLY in a disciplined, organized fashion!

Just remember what “Uncle Sugar” taught us: …..The procedure of;… “When in Danger or in Doubt: ….Run in Circles, Scream and Shout!” will simply get us all killed! (….”Killed” used metaphorically here!)

Kent

Wayne Smith
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
It's a matter of political will and education. We need to stand 100% behind our lobbying organizations even if we don't agree with them 100% of the time. Really, do you even agree with yourself 100% of the time?? OK, how about your spouse??

Membership, financial donations when possible, and active communication with your congressmen are the keys here. My democratic congressman has defined himself as a "blue dog" democrat. The Democrat party is not monolithic any more than the Republican party is. We need to educate those who disagree with us, not argue among ourselves.

Jaybird62
05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Apathy is the worst enemy of the 2nd Ammendment. What's taken place over the past several months has awakened "The Sleeping Giant."

Even though gun shows are booming with crazy prices in some locations, the madness is wearing off. The past two weekends the gun shows in the Middle Tennessee area have been really slow. If these dealers want to sell their goods they're going to be forced to lower prices. This will spread to other areas over the next few months.

M-Tecs
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
It's a matter of political will and education. We need to stand 100% behind our lobbying organizations even if we don't agree with them 100% of the time. Really, do you even agree with yourself 100% of the time?? OK, how about your spouse??

Membership, financial donations when possible, and active communication with your congressmen are the keys here. My democratic congressman has defined himself as a "blue dog" democrat. The Democrat party is not monolithic any more than the Republican party is. We need to educate those who disagree with us, not argue among ourselves.

Wayne

That is the most intelligent and encompassing response I have read. Good advice to all.

Joel

1Shirt
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Almost hate to agree with a shrink! However that said, think in this case, Wayne's train is on the track!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Nazgul
05-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Did a little stress relief this morning - went shooting.

Don

P.S.-Practiced my breath control.

Ron
05-07-2009, 03:45 AM
If the shooters in the USA need to learn anything it is that all of your shooting organisations need to be united. This includes your firearm manufacturers and especially gun dealers.

Remember what the attitude of shooters was in the UK ........... No worries, it won't happen here" and it did.

Here in Australia we didn't have a combined front for our sporting and hunting fraternities and each outfit was really only interested in their own discipline of shooting, be it rifle, shotgun or handgun. A little bit like the UK situation and again IT DID HAPPEN., first we lost semi auto rifles then s/a shotguns then it was a limit on calibre and magazine content and barrel leength for handguns.

Late last year my State Goverment conducted a review of our Firearms Act Regulations which resulted in recommendations of licence increases across the board, i.e. dealers licence was to increase by 700%. Shooting Orgs in this state got togetther and we now have an overseeing board representing most shooters, the Combined Firearms Council of Victoria (CFCV). With the instigation of CFCV and other orgs, shooters were encouraged to contact members of both houses of Parliament and voice our objections to the proposed increases.

Bear in mind that Regulations in this country can be changed at the will of the then government, no need for changes to be put to parliament for a vote.

The avalanche of pressure brought to bear on government and opposition MP's was such that very few of the proposed changes went ahead.

Pressure is the only thing that pollies respond to. If they think that they won't get back in the next time there are elections they will fold.

Unfortuneatly we were not well enough organised when Howard and the Libs had their knee jerk reactions to a number of unfortunate incident.

I know that your situation in the States is different from ours in Aus., we do not have a right to be armed as you do under the 2 ammendment but from my way of thinking if the individual shooter and your organisations do not put a combined front up against what appears to be on the cards then you will lose this fight.

Bret4207
05-07-2009, 06:57 AM
The sad truth is 95% of gun owners don't give it a thought. Oh, they'll mouth of about how they joined the NRA once and give the "cold, dead fingers" line, but 95% have zero interest in their rights.

Apathy, that's what'll cost us our rights.