PDA

View Full Version : Lead Source in S.Jersey?

FastFred
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm looking for a source for lead in South Jersey, preferably a scrap yard. It seems that my local scrap yards are sold out, or they want wayyyy too much money for their lead. Can anyone help?

sheepdog
05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
While its not a great price I can get you lead from around here and ship it to you flat rate. Not shortage here really.

FastFred
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
While its not a great price I can get you lead from around here and ship it to you flat rate. Not shortage here really.

SheepDog,

Thanks for your offer, but I am looking for more lead than I am willing to pay shipping on. I'd like to get somewhere between 500 and 1000lbs if the price is right. Most recently, I paid .35/lb at my local scrap yard. I've purchased all they had, and I need more.

sheepdog
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Fred might be worth your time to call around to some of the old big catholic/Methodist/Episcopalian churches in your area. We don't have many down here cause the area is newer and mostly Baptist but those old churches tend to have either old pieces of broken stained glass (pure lead edging), odd pieces of broken pewter metalworks (tin/lead) or old organ pipe tubes (tin/lead alloy) that tend to get stuffed in side rooms, behind choir rows, etc. I've heard of guys up there in the northeast getting some good stuff this way.