PDA

View Full Version : Old News/New news

Echo
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Carrumba! Looking on Ebay yesterday I saw someone buying a Lee Loader in .410 - last bid I saw was over $75! Good Grief! Then I noticed other .410 loaders (MEC etc.) going for unreal prices. Checked Midsouth and others, and found NO .410 loaders advertised; I guess they aren't even being built anymore. If I was of a mind to reload for my old Crescent Arms SBS - well, I think I might change my mind.

Springfield
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I was shocked at the prices too, so I just ordered a 410 conversion for an empty MEC frame I traded for a few years ago. You wanna sell that Crescent? Looking for one for my kids for cowboy shooting.

44man
05-04-2009, 01:05 PM
My new Midsouth catalog shows them, I bought one last year. Ballistic Products should also have them but they cost more.
Give Midsouth a call.

stubshaft
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
All you have to do on flea-bay is to mark your item as "vintage", "rare" or "collectable" and the price is easily doubled. I have seen current LEE molds sell for upwards of $45.00 (2 cavity). It is funny to watch the frenzied buying on flea bay.

captaint
05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I was looking at an Ideal 429421 or is it 429241? on ebay a couple of weeks ago. At the time the item had some hours to go. I had to go fishing so I didn't see the finally. I'd bet that mold went for around 70 bucks. So a couple days later I dialed up Lyman and the price of one new is$53.00. Go figure!!! I had to chuckle. MIke

Echo
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Springfield, not really. The stock is dried out and I would like to re-stock it - it's a little loose, too. Safe to shoot, but needs some TLC to spiff up. And I don't know jack about making a new stock from scratch. I have re-stocked a couple of rifles with commercial stocks, but, from a hunk of walnout? Nope...