PDA

View Full Version : Pellet gun molds

Daniel964
05-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone know where I can buy molds for pelletgun pellets. I'm thinking about getting a pellet gun and want molds also. I'm looking for .177 and.22 molds. Also should I use pure lead or can I use wheel weights?

243winxb
05-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Air gun pellets are swaged, dont know if they are cast??. Dies can be bought at Corbin. http://www.corbins.com/pellets.htm Very costly $$$

trevj
05-03-2009, 11:09 PM
What he said!

Air rifle pellets, even the expensive ones, are an absolute bargain, compared to the work that one would have to do to make them.

Take a good look at the style of pellet that was used by the Sheridan folks, for their proprietary 5 mm pellets. It is a simple cylindrical shape, with a lip at the tail end, and with the back end punched hollow. It would be about the easiest shape to get a swage die made for.

What he said about Corbins prices! In spades!

You can buy a small metal lathe, and a lot of tooling, plus take lessons, for what the Corbin dies are gonna cost.

For the calibers that the pellets are readily available for, it is not really worth the effort. If you have a custom big bore airgun, that you cannot get ammo for any other way, maybe more so.

Check out Mac1 Airguns "Whole lotta lead" sale and stock up.

Cheers
Trev

stubshaft
05-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Veral Smith at LBT used to make moulds for .177 and .22 pellets. Don't know if he still does but remember thinking that it would be a tedious undertaking.