PDA

View Full Version : My "mobile" casting setup

rbstern
02-26-2006, 04:52 PM
By mobile, I mean I can roll it outside onto the covered porch for my casting sessions. I previously set up on a small table, and I realized I was not casting as much as I wanted to, because the setup and cleanup time to drag the stuff out to the porch ate too much of my casting time.

http://www.zjstech.net/gunstuff/images/MVC-280F.JPG

$22 (on sale) Harbor Freight cart, $9 Wal-Mart hot plate for cooking wheel weights, Lee bottom pour pot, plus molds, assorted pots, pans, tools, etc. The orange box holds about 50 pounds of ingots to keep the pot going.

Makes it much more enjoyable to use if I only have an hour or so for casting, because my setup time (and lower back pain) is greatly reduced. Just wheel it out and plug it in.

joatmon
02-26-2006, 06:14 PM
That's nice! But WAY to clean.

Blacktail 8541
02-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice and neat but way to small for my set up. I go over board on every thing, so I need more space . Great ideal though, will save a lot of time moveing things if you do not have a dedicated area.

Buckshot
02-27-2006, 11:21 PM
............That's really neat! I wish I could work something out like that. My setup uses up way too much space on my workbench and only needs to be out when I'm casting, I just do not have a place to store the cart itself.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Buckshot