PDA

View Full Version : Complaint - I am going broke!

archmaker
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok ever since getting back into casting and joining this site, I have been steadily seeing my funds being funneled out of my pocket and into lead! :-D

And to make it worse the group buy molds, are really killing me.

Then, I have to order Bull plate lube, and gas checks, and . . .

[smilie=1:

This is a great site, and thanks to everyone on here!

Springfield
05-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I know what you mean. I plan on joining the "one a month mould club" run by Mihec. :-D

home in oz
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Some people fast one day a week....this would free up some funds....

Jon K
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
archmaker,

Yeah, but by now you're on first name basis with the mailman, UPs drive, Fed EX driver, DHL and any others.
Look at all the new friends you've also made, casters are far and few between, but share a common bond........not a bad social network to be part of. :cbpour:

Jon

Dale53
05-01-2009, 11:50 AM
"I feel your pain"...

Let's see. I have a Ruger 50th Anniversary .44 magnum to be delivered in a day or so. I have a Ruger Lipsey .44 Special on order (when it will come is anyone's guess - my guess is sometime this month).

I have a Mihec six cavity #68 mould ordered to feed my 625's.

Now, I am going to be open to another Mihec four to six cavity mould for either a Keith 250 or an LBT for the Rugers. Does it never end?

I am neither bragging nor complaining - I am just stating "what is":mrgreen:

Halleluyah!!

Dale53

beanflip
05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
priceless ..... and then there is Mastercard![smilie=1:

WOW love this addiction!!!:castmine:

Murphy
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
archmaker,

Let me know if you get way, way , waaaaaaaay too low on lead. I have some *Vingatge*, *Like New*, *RARE* & *Collectable* alloys I may part with for the right amount of $$$.

Welcome to the jungle,

Murphy

stubshaft
05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
archmaker,

Let me know if you get way, way , waaaaaaaay too low on lead. I have some *Vingatge*, *Like New*, *RARE* & *Collectable* alloys I may part with for the right amount of $$$.

Welcome to the jungle,

Murphy

I also have some of the ancient 1860's collectible wagon weight alloy.LOL

archmaker
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
It is the "RARE" lead that I have a hard time passing up! :)

Also those "rare" Lee boolit molds!

Rocky Raab
05-01-2009, 04:44 PM
And yet, whenever I explain this to people who want to get into reloading "to save money" ...

captaint
05-01-2009, 04:57 PM
You all know the difference between men and boys is the price of the toys!! And what the heck, you gotta have a little fun. And yes Mihec is taking a good piece of everybody's spare cash - only because he does good work of course. Keep up the good work Miha. Mike

shotman
05-01-2009, 05:08 PM
well you can quit and send guns and what little stuff to me OR you can send to the UAW for help. I WILL put them to a good cause THEY will piss them away

Trey45
05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I got into reloading ammo to save money.... HA!! Then I got into casting to save the money I didn't save on reloading...... DOUBLE HA! Between the lead pot, moulds, bullet lubes, lubrisizer and dies, plus the gas I burn to go ww hunting, then the cost of ww and tin and lead ingots to get started......... HA!

runfiverun
05-01-2009, 07:21 PM
all that to get 50 rounds under the 4.09 mark.

DLCTEX
05-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I quit smoking, drinking, carousing, golfing, moved to dry West Texas so fish very little anymore, I'll be darned if I'm giving up sex and shooting related things (have cut way back on the sex thing, but still think about it a lot). Anyone that suggests I do less guns and reloading/casting get a deaf ear. And that's that.

Slow Elk 45/70
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Yup, agreed, load your own-save $, cast your own save $$ , Group buy molds save $$$$$
Oh well I spent Most of my money on guns/reloading/casting. The rest I just wasted on Women and Booze.[smilie=1:

This is a great pastime, spendy, but lots of fun.:drinks:

shooterg
05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
When I was just luking on this board, I had more money - once you actually start casting/swaging/smelting something takes over - must be the fumes !