PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

TedH
02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
New guy here. Been lurking a bit and thought I would say hi. Been casting for a dozen years or so and seem to be continuing the learning process all the time. Looking forward to joining in with you all.
Ted

woody1
02-25-2006, 12:00 PM
'Mornin' Ted, Welcome. Regards, Woody

Vegas Vince
02-25-2006, 12:01 PM
WELCOME aboard!! I am relatively new myself, but this is a great place. More knowledge here than you can shake a stick at. A great bunch of people!!

Murphy
02-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Welcome Ted,

Always great to have another member join in. As for being a 'newbie'? I just got here a few months ago myself. I received a warm welcome and felt right at home from the start. A really good group of people with a wealth of information you will find here.

Much like yourself, I came here to learn more about casting too. I've been casting for close to 20 years as bet as I can remember. I've already been picked up quite a few great pointers I hadn't realized before.

See ya' on the board and once again....'Welcome aboard'.

Respectfully,

Murphy

Dale53
02-25-2006, 02:38 PM
TedH;
Welcome to the group. I think that you'll like it here.

Dale53

9.3X62AL
02-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Welcome aboard, Ted. It's a nice asylum, one of the best I've stayed at. :-)

bisley45
02-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Welcome Ted

wills
02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Do not believe everything you read about sheep.

waksupi
02-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Ted. Don't be overly concerned about Wills and Carpetman's unseemly interest in sheep. They are harmless. I think. Maybe. Well, I don't know....

Bret4207
02-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard. How do you feel about sheep and catz? (Might as well get it out of the way!!!)

TedH
02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Well, can't really say about the sheep. The only cat that I have is hanging on the wall above this computer as I type this. He was 135 pounds on the day he died. :)

OldBob
02-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Welcome Ted, I can appreciate your problem there, I've had 'em hang on the wall too, usually a second shot will fix that........

Urny
02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Welcome, Ted. This board is degenerating: nobody has asked what kind of beer you drink. No respect for tradition these days.

onceabull
02-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Urny: you are right,and furthermore,seeing all the toys some posters have,I'm wondering if they EVER savored the flavor of a can of BUCKHORN !! onceabull

wills
02-26-2006, 12:20 AM
onceabull, you sure have expensive tastes.

waksupi
02-26-2006, 02:21 AM
Welcome, Ted. This board is degenerating: nobody has asked what kind of beer you drink. No respect for tradition these days.

My faux pas! How thoughtless! Newcastle Brown Ale, here, tonight!

9.3X62AL
02-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, it's easier to find than my REAL favorite--Anchor Steam.

The Nyack Kid
02-26-2006, 03:02 AM
can't aford beer . i've had but two long necks in as many weeks , spent all my money on three new boolit molds and i got a must-get-list looming over my head .

Frank46
02-26-2006, 04:27 AM
Ted, welcome aboard. Wills forgot to tell you about the cats. Don't worry, you hang around here long enough and you'll find out. Great bunch of folks hang out here. Don't worry about being a newbie, I'm almost 60 and still learning. Frank

Buckshot
02-26-2006, 05:11 AM
..............Milwaukee's Best. Locally $11.99/30 pack and on sale at $9.99.

"I say, boy? Could you please wheel a pallet of that out to my car please?

..................Buckshot

sundog
02-26-2006, 07:58 AM
+1 for Newcastle, Ric. Howdy, Ted. sundog

TedH
02-26-2006, 09:34 AM
It appears I may be chastised for this, but I am more of a whisky guy.

sundog
02-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Ted, no problemo. Can I have a chaser with that shot? You see, all is well! Or on a lazy afternoon, a couple (three would be better) fingers over cracked ice. Okay? sundog

Urny
02-26-2006, 10:20 AM
A drop of Tullamore Dew or Jameson's wouldn't be taken amiss. Over ice to be sure.

Jumptrap
02-26-2006, 02:09 PM
NO NO NO! Y'all aint lived...or you aint livin right.

Dig down in your jeans and spring for a bottle of Woodford Reserve...about $32 here in Kentucky...but price if no concern when it comes to good whiskey. Chase it down with a nice cold Amber Bock..DRAFT....which means you'll also have to spring for a spare fridge in the garage the keg will fit in.......if you like to entertain at home..or stay drunk.

9.3X62AL
02-26-2006, 04:53 PM
There's Jumptrap--I was wondering where you got off to, mister.

Finn45
02-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Woodford Reserve? I've been eyeballing that couple of times... Yesterday for example, when I went to liquor store, very flat and wide bottle. And small, or so it seems. It was expensive enough to keep my selection on known track, so I picked once again more familiar Islay whisky. They are never disappointing, especially if one is looking for original and strong taste with load of tradition behind it. Ice? It's good for walk on but adding it to any good liquor is... a rape. Sorry ;-).

Jumptrap
02-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Woodford Reserve? I've been eyeballing that couple of times... Yesterday for example, when I went to liquor store, very flat and wide bottle. And small, or so it seems. It was expensive enough to keep my selection on known track, so I picked once again more familiar Islay whisky. They are never disappointing, especially if one is looking for original and strong taste with load of tradition behind it. Ice? It's good for walk on but adding it to any good liquor is... a rape. Sorry ;-).

How much is it over there Reijo? It sure isn't the kind you carry in your backpocket to share around the campfire. No you carry two bottles! One for drinking, one for sharing! Hand them the rot gut, by and by, they'll quit asking and wonder how you stand to drink that stuff!

Jumptrap
02-26-2006, 09:15 PM
There's Jumptrap--I was wondering where you got off to, mister.

Allen,

I've been keeping a low profile. My interests of late have drifted towards tractors and being able to play in the dirt come spring. Not too much tractor talk going on here! I am thinking seriously of having a sale on Auctionarms in order to finance my new addiction. I need to buy a lathe and a milling machine, then a mig welder as well. Sick and damned tired of not being able to get things made and when I do, having to mortgage my testicles to pay these so called 'craftsmen' for their half assed efforts. Ahhh, the agony of being too proud to beg and too poor to afford the ransom...therefore it's better to suffer in silence, than to howl like a gut shot dog.

9.3X62AL
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Jump--

If tractoring is anything like shooting--you wind up having to finish construction of whatever you buy. Hear that, well enough.

Same addictions here--my lot is too damn big to mow, but not big enough to justify plowing under--so I am tractor-free at present. Just got done with the winter clean-up and fruit tree pruning--I'm about whupped after four days of that entertainment. It's supposed to rain like crazy for the next two days, and I wanted all that nonsense done before the skies opened up.

sundog
02-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Al, 'tractoring' as you put it is way cool. Jump, I'm getting ready to put in a asparagus patch. Of course, it won't produce anything for a couple years, but by the time I retire (for good) we'll have fresh apsaragus every spring - every day, and it grows very well here. I even have a source for nice clean horse poop to build the patch. I did two patches about twenty five years ago (in my other life - I had a Jubilee Model Ford then) one for me and one for my Mom and Dad and they are still producing last I heard. Trick is getting a good trench built and filling it with..., yea, you guessed it -- nice clean poop! The extensionists from the state university call it organic matter, but that's nothing more than alot of ****. Anyway, the tractor takes alot of work out of it. See my tractor here: http://www.castpics.net/RandD/moas/moas.htm

I've run the pee-waddin' out of it since I got it and the onliest things I've done to it are a water pump, a head job, and the hydraulics rebuild - all self help and came out a-one. Had the head resurfaced at a local diesel shop that's into tractors and does a 'budding' business with tug boat engines for them what operates on the navigation channel. Remember the barge that collapsed the bridge on I40 and killed a bunch of folks several years ago? Yep, them same tug boats. You ought to see the size of those babies! Can't fix it? Swap it out and take it to the shop. He's always got one there asettin' on a pallet waiting for a phone call. sundog

waksupi
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Corky, you might want to have Carpetman send you some sheep manure. Horse manure is pretty "hot" if you are planning to plant in it this season. Check with your extension agent.

sundog
02-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Ric, yea, hot, but it's already 'seasoned' -- as in, good stuff, Maynard. Butt (pun intended), on second thought, Ray might have an insight to some really good 'sheep dip'.... He might even deliver it in his BIG pickemuptruk and I'd git ta see him awearin' his hip boots, too. Jes premember, don't track it in...

Ya know, this thread began with us supposed to be welcoming a new member, and if I were reading all this, well,.... sundog

Buckshot
02-27-2006, 12:26 AM
".............Ya know, this thread began with us supposed to be welcoming a new member, and if I were reading all this, well,.... sundog"

.............Well then, it's a easy gentle slide into some of the things that can happen when friends are interesting in what their friends are doing, and want to hear about it. The original welcome was pretty good, and there's no limit for sure. THe bad thing is that now this tractor deal is buried where it migth not be found.

......................Buckshot

Buckshot
02-27-2006, 01:05 AM
....................So okay, I started a new thread including all the tractor stuff!

..............Buckshot

Finn45
02-27-2006, 07:43 AM
How much is it over there...

Mark, It was indeed standard size, flat bottle fooled me. 0.7 liters and it was 39 Euros, about $46...$48 including taxes. 0.7l is about 23.7 fluid ounces. Good single malts are around the same price level. One more choice to make next time!