PDA

View Full Version : Millet white post front sight?

Blackwater
02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Have any of you used this sight on your Marlins, or anything else? I believe it's fitted for a std. 3/8" dovetail, isn't it? Was perusing the new Midway catalog last night, and noticed it. Am having my 1851 Colt cap n' baller dovetailed for a front sight I can SEE, and this one looked like it'd be visible. Will have to widen the notch in the hammer, of course, but I can do that. May also thin it down or taper it toward the top until it's just big enough to see.

Also am planning on getting a Marlin .357 M-94 this summer, and thought it'd work real well with a rear peep sight. My darn eyes sure aren't getting any stronger, but maybe I can see it, and being white, maybe it'd even be of use in fairly low light, too.

Anyone use a 170 gr. cast bullet in their Marlin M-94? I'm thinking of getting MM to make one up in that wt., because I will in all liklihood want some velocity increase over a 180, but want it to be accurate at long range too, and thought 170 might be a good compromise. Just curious what your experiences may be with this issue.