PDA

View Full Version : Lyman #55 measure repair

tonyb
04-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Has anyone sent their #55 measure to Lyman for repair "handle replacement"?
If so, how much did it cost?
Is it worth it?

Charles :coffee:

markinalpine
04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Go to their web-site and e-mail their customer service. You should get a fairly quick response.
I did once on an unrelated problem, and once we figured out why the new M-Die I had purchased wouldn't work according to the instruction sheet, they mailed me the correct part 1st class to replace the incorrect part, free of charge.

Mark :castmine:

CENTEX BILL
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
I too, am interested in this information. My Lyman 55 powder measure got knocked the bench onto a concrete floor and broke the resivior and the handle. I may try a Bubba repair with J-B Weld expoxy but would rather have a quality repair if the cost is reasonable.

Thanks,

Centex Bill

tonyb
04-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I too, am interested in this information. My Lyman 55 powder measure got knocked the bench onto a concrete floor and broke the resivior and the handle. I may try a Bubba repair with J-B Weld expoxy but would rather have a quality repair if the cost is reasonable.

Thanks,

Centex Bill

If it is a snap in res. they are $3 they don't make the screw in anymore. Lyman told me some people heat the snap in type and tread it in.

I did email them they said to mail it to them with my info. Didn't give a price for the repair even though I asked. The handles they said must be "fit" because over the years spec's change..??
Maybe I'll send it for poop & giggles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyman:

You will have to send the powder measure to our factory for that repair, the
handles are integral to the metering cylinder. you may send just the body
and the cylinder, keeping the other parts home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My email......

Where do I send it?
Do I pay postage both ways?
How much is the repair?

Thanks, Charles

------------------------------

Lyman What they said.....

you have to pay to get it here.
send to the address on our website.
include a letter with your name, address and daytime phone number.

Charles

tonyb
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
From the Lyman web site

If the item is out of warranty and is in need of repairs, the Lyman product should also be returned to the same address listed below. Appropriate charges will apply for parts and labor. Estimates are available only when the item has been thoroughly inspected by our repair personnel.

Lyman Products Corporation
475 Smith Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Attn: Service Department

Charles

cwskirmisher
04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
The Lyman Classic Black Powder #55 has an aluminum reservior that is a screw in - and may work.

If it is a snap in res. they are $3 they don't make the screw in anymore. Lyman told me some people heat the snap in type and tread it in.

I did email them they said to mail it to them with my info. Didn't give a price for the repair even though I asked. The handles they said must be "fit" because over the years spec's change..??
Maybe I'll send it for poop & giggles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyman:

You will have to send the powder measure to our factory for that repair, the
handles are integral to the metering cylinder. you may send just the body
and the cylinder, keeping the other parts home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My email......

Where do I send it?
Do I pay postage both ways?
How much is the repair?

Thanks, Charles

------------------------------

Lyman What they said.....

you have to pay to get it here.
send to the address on our website.
include a letter with your name, address and daytime phone number.

Charles