PDA

View Full Version : Bees wax

arcticbreeze
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Would anyone mind sharing where they get there bees wax from?

dubber123
04-23-2009, 04:57 PM
I got most of mine from Randyrat here on the forum.. Very good quality stuff, and a good guy to deal with.

Tom Herman
04-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I got most of mine from Randyrat here on the forum.. Very good quality stuff, and a good guy to deal with.

I bought a large quantity of beeswax from him: It's GREAT stuff, the weight was better than honest, and he shipped it quickly.
I'll GLADLY buy from him again!

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Blammer
04-23-2009, 07:46 PM
I get beeswax from my bees. :)

and a few local beekeepers.

I may have some available soon. I'll post when I do.

Recluse
04-23-2009, 07:52 PM

+2

Randy is top-shelf to deal with.

:coffee:

trevj
04-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Hey! that's my source too! Well, was.

Had 50 hives at one point.

I think the current stash of wax is about a five gallon buckets worth. It'll hold me for a while.

Talk to a beekeeper. Check the local bulletin boards for signs offering honey for sale, and check out the Farmers Markets and Flea Markets.

After that, mail order.

Googled Beeswax Florida For Sale, and got this http://buzzzonin.com/beeswax.html

I'm sure there are others.

Cheers
Trev

jdgabbard
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
+1 for Randyrat. No offense Blammer, just haven't done business with you yet. As soon as I run out I'll be hitting you up. You know...to make sure everyone gets a go around ;)

Blammer
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
hey no offense taken! I don't have beeswax as often as randyrat so no biggie!
But when I do have it and if you order GC's you can save on the shipping. :)

arcticbreeze
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone

I just contacted Randyrat and he has me taken care of.

This forum is awesome.

arcticbreeze
04-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Thanks Blammer, hopefully next time I can order 30cal and 44 cal fast enough and then I order some bees wax too. They sold out last time in under 9 hours.

jdgabbard
04-24-2009, 04:43 AM

Hey, speaking of which, what are you charging for 35 cal atm???

jonk
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Got 25 lb on ebay a year or two back for less than $15 shipped. Dunno the current price but that's where.

blackthorn
04-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Try the yellow pages for the larger metropolitan areas. Thats where I got mine.

arcticbreeze
04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Got 25 lb on ebay a year or two back for less than $15 shipped. Dunno the current price but that's where.

Not anymore, FleeBay now ranges from $5 per lb. to $1 an oz.

You have to be careful because I found some that were single pounds for $2-$3 but then it was $8 shipping.

toddrod
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Not to brag, but I just scored 10 lbs of filtered beeswax from a local farmers market for free. The guy told me he can not sell it. I told him I would be willing to take it off his hands. Just to be nice, I will bring him some wine and beef jerky that I make. Maybe I can get a steady supply from him. going to find out if he is a shooter in the morning.

randyrat
04-25-2009, 08:59 AM

I've bought GCs from Blammer top of the line service. It is one of the best things since apple pie for us here.
I'm sure glad someone else is selling wbeeswax here, i can't keep up with the demand here.. So give Blammer all the business you can with wax. If i have extra Beeswax to sell i will post it on Swappin an Sellin...
Thanks Blammer.