PDA

View Full Version : Lee factory sales order

BRIARPATCH
04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
:groner:
I'm wondering if any of you have had any experience ordering molds etc. from the Lee Factory Sales site ( http://www.factorysales.com/ ) .
I placed an order on March 2 for a 6 cav mold and set of handles. The confirmation stated my order had been processed and said to expect 3 to 4 weeks delivery time.
As of today it's been 7 weeks, they won't reply to emails, you get a recording when you dial their number asking you to leave a message then at the end of the recording it says the memory is full and will not hold anymore messages. !!!
If anyone knows another number that may get a real person to answer I would sure appreciate the info.
My signature statement is getting close to being tested.

docone31
04-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I have never had an issue with Lee. They are swamped now.
Hang in there.

Jeffery8mm
04-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I have ordered DIRECT from Lee. www.leeprecision.com
The are a little higher than most mail order catalogs, but they have most things in stock[being the factory] and shipping is only 4.00 per order!!! Not a six cavity 9mm 124gr rn mold to be had, but Lee had one on teh shelf. Go straight to the source!!!!
Are you sure this lee factory sales is really a part of lee precision??
Jeff

oldhickory
04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I ordered four LEE molds from MidSouth last week, all four are on back order.

thenaaks
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I phoned in my order to Lee Precision. Sometimes it is helpful to talk to an actual person. Mind you, I did have to try several times, as I kept getting a busy signal. The nice lady on the phone told me the quantity they had on hand (actually quantity backordered) and said it could be a couple of weeks. I paid about 5 dollars more for my two molds (124gr 9mm and 158gr .357) but they arrived at my doorstep 4 days later! I also didn't have to worry about overpaying on shipping. I hate when they send one item one day, then the backordered item a couple days later and charge double the shipping. Lee said it's 4 dollars per order...no matter what you buy or what is backordered....4 bucks. I think a few bucks is worth the speed and convenience.

jdgabbard
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I ordered from factory sales back on April 9th. The emails they sent said it would be 3-4 weeks. All I ordered was a set of handles and a sizer kit.

They are a distributor of Lee products. I would say contact lee, express your concern to them. And see if they can get in touch with someone there at factory sales for you.

jimkim
04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I have found this to be a common problem with Lee factory sales. I don't think they have anything in stock. My guess is they order from Lee at a discount and hope they get it shipped to the customer before they go postal.

stubshaft
04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Not to rain on your parade. I called LEE last week to order a sizer kit for a 270. The catalog says it will take 4 weeks. The nice lady that answered said that they were backordered over 8 MONTHS.

jdgabbard
04-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Factory sales is going to either have me my handles, or refund my money well before 8 months. That much I can guarantee.

mpmarty
04-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I enjoyed the same treatment from Factory Sales. As you are all well aware they are NOT LEE Precision, but a vendor down the road from the Lee factory. I waited over a month for my order and then emailed them and told them that I would either have my stuff in five days or I would back-charge them for the full amount of the order including the shippng charges. My stuff arrived in four days. Fortunately I have a credit card from a very private bank and reversing a charge is just a phone call away and takes place immediately.

Nazgul
04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
There are similar problems listed on the other forums with Factory Sales, which is NOT Lee Precision.

Don

ddeaton
04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I have received 2 boxes from them in the last 2 weeks. Backorders from about 6 weeks ago. They still owe me another order from a few weeks ago. I have always had good luck with them until the big hoarding started. I emailed them and they answered me next day. I will still use them, just cant be in a hurry. I got a confirm ship email on both boxes also. Midway and everyone else is in the same boat with Lee.

geargnasher
04-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks Guys, I almost got desperate enough for a mould to order from Factory Sales, but was wary of being billed by a 3rd party dealer. Lyman is the same way, some mickey-mouse independent billing/shipping company handles the factory orders (not saying their service is bad, ime is is fine including backorders with no additional shipping charge) just makes me nervous giving my credit card # to a site that doesn't have all the feel-good security propaganda banners at the bottom of the page!

Gear

Ole
04-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Bad business practice.

If they are going to put your item on backorder for 5 weeks + and not respond to emails, they shouldn't charge your credit card.

I ordered March 17th and will never order from them again.

swheeler
04-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I have ordered directly from Lee many times /www.leeprecision.com/ and am very satisfied with their always prompt service. I think you need to cut out the middle man and go to the source.

rockrat
04-21-2009, 11:09 PM
I placed and order with them and got the 3-4 week thing. Too bad it wasn't anywhere BEFORE I placed the order, as I would not have done so. Emailed the next day and cancelled the order.

countglockula
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I recently ordered a number of dies and other items and got delivery in about a week. No problems.

Their list prices are a bit stiff but delivery is quick so that makes up for it.

Bladebu1
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
:groner:
I'm wondering if any of you have had any experience ordering molds etc. from the Lee Factory Sales site ( http://www.factorysales.com/ ) .
I placed an order on March 2 for a 6 cav mold and set of handles. The confirmation stated my order had been processed and said to expect 3 to 4 weeks delivery time.
As of today it's been 7 weeks, they won't reply to emails, you get a recording when you dial their number asking you to leave a message then at the end of the recording it says the memory is full and will not hold anymore messages. !!!
If anyone knows another number that may get a real person to answer I would sure appreciate the info.
My signature statement is getting close to being tested. I hate to tell you this I had order 700 in presses and stuff in FEB last week I got my last thing .223 press and I had canceled the rest that was still on order
just so I could get the rest
I spent 2 weeks calling every day at 6 am ish to leave messages and I sent emails daily and they would not reply so good luck
I like Graff and sons and midway if it show they have it they have it and they send it
I have heard good things of other places too But I can only speak of what I know
I can tell you I will not be ordering from them again ever the said part is I had did a sreach and I saved 37 dollers out of 700 by going to them instead of midway ( I still feel like dumb A$$) for that

putteral
04-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Took about 7 weeks to get a sizing die and a couple of molds and that was before all this maddness. How do you say slow!

Bladebu1
04-22-2009, 01:25 PM
slowly

vonnieglen
04-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I bought some supplies from Lee Factory Sales a few months ago. I waited for about a month. When the order showed up, half of the items were back-ordered with no estimate of when they would arrive. I checked on MidwayUSA's website; they had everything I needed in stock and it all showed up in about a week. I tried calling and had the same issue with their answering machine's memory being full. It took several days for Lee Factory Sales to confirm they had cancelled my back-ordered items through email.

Recently I ordered some parts directly from Lee Precision. There was a warning on the order page saying that they were behind and it would be a week or two before my order would be shipped. Despite this everything showed up in just four days.