PDA

View Full Version : Where Are you from , Non USA

Johnch
02-21-2006, 03:47 AM
I was wondering how many countrys we have members in .

So how many Other countrys than the USA are our members from ?

Johnch

Pystis
02-21-2006, 04:58 AM
I´m from Southern Finland.

Bad Ass Wallace
02-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Good old Australia (down under)

Contrary to popular myth, we still shoot a lot just can't do it with semi-autos, nor pump shotguns. I love shooting Sharps, Martini's and old Winchesters with cast boolits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/BAWallace/RW50_70.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/BAWallace/IMG_0729.jpg

Picture of part of my farm from the front porch!

kodiak1
02-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Land of Polar Bears and Eskimos Canada (Aye)

Ron
02-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Another from the land downunder, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Ron

FESTINA LENTE

Buckshot
02-22-2006, 04:40 AM
I´m from Southern Finland.

...........Shouldn't that be, "I´m from Southern Finland, ya'll". 8)

...........Buckshot

dromia
02-22-2006, 04:52 AM
From the Highlands of Scotland a place called Brora in the County of Sutherland.

Currently living in England at the moment.

Like most travelling jocks I'll no doubt go home to die.

Here's some pictures of my croft in Brora.

The house.

The shooting bench.

The shooting shed.

The range, target at the base o the hillock right.

A couple of the country side.

One of the inhabitants.

Finally a late winter sunrise over the Moray Firth.

waksupi
02-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Exceptional! Thanks for the pictures!

castalott
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the pictures! I can see you guys live in really beautiful places.

blackthorn
02-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Kamloops British Columbia Canada

robertbank
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Terrace, B.C. View from my backyard looking S.W.

robertbank
02-22-2006, 10:59 AM
You forgot to mention just down the road from Brora lies a peace of heavon called Dornoch Golf Course. Until you have played Dornoch your golf is incomplete. Brora's track is worth visiting as well.

Stay Safe

Ron.D
02-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Barrie Ontario Canada. No pics. but I do have ducks and geese on the pond and need an electric fence to keep the deer out of the garden and orchard. Ron.D

slug
02-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Sudbury, Ontario, about 4 & 1/2 hours north of Toronto.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v517/slug303/cjKids01.jpg

9.3X62AL
02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Does California qualify as "non-USA?" In terms of its politics and legal system, it compares closely to pre-glasnost Soviet Russia.

versifier
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
I guess we can give you the benefit of the doubt, Al, but only if Massachusetts makes the list, too.

9.3X62AL
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Fair enough, Versifier--I just wish both states would have re-joined the USA when the Berlin Wall came down.

If you're keeping track--only North Korea, Cuba, Somalia, Massachusetts, and California remain as bastions of collectivism and People's Republic folderol. Fast company, that.

robertbank
02-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Now fellows lets not get to carried away. I have not been to North Korea but I certainly have been to California and California is no North Korea not even by any measurable standard. Parts if the State may look a tad like Mexico on steroids but not North Korea. I suspect half the homes in Beverly Hills are worth more than the net worth of Korea on a good day.

Stay Safe

9.3X62AL
02-23-2006, 01:23 AM
I'm being a little facetious, I suppose.

One thing that CANNOT be argued--you folks in Canada have ONE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. I had my first visit this fall, and there will be more ventures northward, FOR SURE!

robertbank
02-23-2006, 09:54 AM
You come up to Terrace in late June, early July and I'll introduce you to some 30lb+ salmon. Door is always open and we have a spare room. We can always wonder down to the range and make some noise as well.

Stay Safe

ps Bring your golf clubs we have a Golf course up here you might want to play as well.

rbb

hopper_64
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm from Sweden, live just outside Stockholm.

NVcurmudgeon
02-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks to all of you for the beautiful pictures of Australia, Canada, Scotland, and Sweden. B.A. Wallace, that's a great shot of a very determined looking Sharps shooter.

Buckshot
02-24-2006, 01:33 AM
................Very nice pictures, all.

...........Hopper-64, if that lake was in So. California there'd be enough boats on it to walk across the thing withou getting wet 8).

..................Buckshot

PatMarlin
02-24-2006, 02:57 AM
Here's the view from my place in the Republic of Kalifornia.. :mrgreen:

http://www.hayforkfishingclub.com/1viewcenter.JPG

http://www.hayforkfishingclub.com/8viewleft.JPG

http://www.hayforkfishingclub.com/11viewpat.JPG

...and out my back my door...

http://www.hayforkfishingclub.com/downrangemarlin.JPG

-sorry but Kalifornia is non USA.. :hijack:

carpetman
02-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Hopper64---Is that thing in the middle of the lake the Loch Ness Monster?

Bad Ass Wallace
02-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Thanks to all of you for the beautiful pictures of Australia, Canada, Scotland, and Sweden. B.A. Wallace, that's a great shot of a very determined looking Sharps shooter.
Yeah; Aussies are just full of disguises [smilie=l:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/BAWallace/My_577_450.jpg

Thank you gentlemen for sharing you part of the world; truely magnificent scenery and the envy of most. One thing that doesn't change however, is the world wide love of shooting and enjoying the great outdoors. :violin:

wills
02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
................Very nice pictures, all.

...........Hopper-64, if that lake was in So. California there'd be enough boats on it to walk across the thing withou getting wet 8).

..................Buckshot

If that lake were in west Texas, the Carpetman could walk across it WITHOUT any boats on it!

carpetman
02-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Wills,You are correct if that lake were in West Texas,would be dry. Could drive my 4 wheeler on it. I have driven my 4 wheeler at Twin Buttes lots of places I had previously driven my boat.

quack1
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
B A, If I might ask- are those orange things in the tree (in the picture of your farm) fruit or flowers, and what kind of tree is it?

StarMetal
02-24-2006, 11:55 AM
I'd like to know how Bad Ass fired that rifle and his firing hand isn't even in the firing grip, alone his trigger finger isn't on the trigger. YOu can see the smoke from firing too.

Joe

lovedogs
02-24-2006, 12:13 PM
We are a true brotherhood and the only real patriots. Those who deny the right to defend and be free and accept that concept may be residents but not patriots. They are cowards. I'm thankful daily to live in Montana. The rest of you sure have some beautiful places, too. It's just too bad you are denied your most basic human rights. I feel for you. The places are beautiful, the REAL people are great, too... it's just the politics that stink. And I guess we aren't supposed to discuss politics or throw tantrums here. So... hats off to you all. And God bless us all!

NVcurmudgeon
02-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Pat, it's a crying shame you have to go so far from home for a place to shoot!

bravokilo
02-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd like to know how Bad Ass fired that rifle and his firing hand isn't even in the firing grip, alone his trigger finger isn't on the trigger. YOu can see the smoke from firing too.

Joe

It's one of those strange phenomenon that probably occurs only south of the equator. It's generally referred to as "recoil".

:coffeecom

BK

robertbank
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
It's one of those strange phenomenon that probably occurs only south of the equator. It's generally referred to as "recoil".

[smilie=l:

Not only that but water goes down the drain the wrong way too! Go figure.

Buckshot
02-25-2006, 12:38 AM

Joe

...........The Martini is not a very heavy rifle in comparison to the cartridge being fired, especially if it's full up to HM Gov't spec. This being a 480gr slug over 85.0grs of BP. I'd imagine the 24th Reg't survivors of Rourke's Drift were most likely a VERY slap happy crew after the pounding they took over 2 days and a night of mostly continuous attack.

................Buckshot

Bad Ass Wallace
02-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Joe
Load is 85gn FFG with a 520gn .462 projectile

Photo was taken in a 3 round rapid fire sequense, the second round has just been discharged, the hand is going for the lever and the third is between the fingers. I do this trick to prove that it can be done in under 15 secs in fact I have loosed 4 rounds in that time on many occasions.

The 1885 Artilliary carbine (6 1/4lbs) is a different story, kicks like a mule and just plain hurts!

fiberoptik
02-25-2006, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=slug]Sudbury, Ontario, about 4 & 1/2 hours north of Toronto.

I got family in Lindsay, Ontario. My grandma's from Bobcaygeon. Either anywere near ya?

Nrut
02-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Born and raised 100 miles north of Sacramento .....lived in Virgina and Arizona courtesy of USMC....currently living in the B.C. interior....

onceabull
02-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Nrut: Twixt Chico n' Red Bluff ?? I'd guess you find your summers a touch more tolerable now, eh ... Onceabull

Nrut
02-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Nrut: Twixt Chico n' Red Bluff ?? I'd guess you find your summers a touch more tolerable now, eh ... Onceabull
Right on the button Onceabull...born in Chico,lived in a rural area just north of Hamilton City and went to high school in Corning....Also lived in Redding and San Luis Obispo....Visited some friends in Paso Robles early May of 2001 temp. got up to lower 90*F and thought I was going to die....I would die if I had to spend another summer in Yuma....Friends from Yuma would ask "how can you stand the cold up there in B.C"....told them you can always put on more clothes when it got cold but you run out of options when it is 100-121*F..........Have you or do you live in Calif. now Onceabull?.....Calif. has sure changed since I was growing up there in the 50's....everybody makes sport of it now.....just to many people crammed in there....Does look like PatMarlin has found a piece of heaven there though......cheers mic

onceabull
02-26-2006, 02:21 AM
Nrut:Born Nevada City,but lIved S.of Grass Valley about 2.5 miles N.of Placer County Line until Dad died shortly before I was 7 yr. Moved to town in G.V. then to Carmichael with StepDads job. Graduated U.C. then UNC.S.sent me to FRANCE to defend the country. Did not go back to Calif.except to Visit Sis & Mom on occasion. Boise,Id, arrived 1:30 AM the day JFK went down,after leaving troopship in NY harbor that AM. Been here since, watching it grow up around me. We did the early Blacktail hunt in the coast range enough for me to apprec. Idaho climate in hunting Season...!!.... Onceabull

PatMarlin
02-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Pat, it's a crying shame you have to go so far from home for a place to shoot!

Yes I know NVc.. the pain, THE PAIN.. :groner:

-not to shabby for a Sacramento native flat lander.. :mrgreen:

Finn45
02-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the great pics! I'm glad there's lakes that one can walk on in Texas too. We have them all around every winter. For some reason they are very difficult to walk in summer time. Pics are from yesterday, same lake from different places, see the direction of shadows.

http://pyssymiehet.com/smthngls/icefish.jpg

http://pyssymiehet.com/smthngls/lake.jpg

Buckshot
02-27-2006, 12:43 AM
.............EEEEeeeeeeeeek! Just looking at that I had to go kick on the furnace.

..............Buckshot

hopper_64
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Actually the picture on the left is no lake i'ts the Baltic sea. As for the absence of boats, both pictures were taken at about 3.30 am.

Bigjohn
02-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Currently in South East South Australia, born Central West Queensland. Keen shooter, bullet caster and user of the 'Original' propellant. Limited to 100yard range, damn it, and tired of turn the centre of targets into confetti. Bad Ass is one realll bad ass, great shots mate. Love the pics as it shows that the rest of the world can still turn on some great scencery. Keep up the good shootin', folks

ihmsakiwi
03-05-2006, 03:19 AM
I had better put a plug in for The other "down - under" , Auckland New Zealand.

jpb
03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm in Sweden (Umeå) but I'm originally from Canada (the most boring part -- southern Ontario! :-)

Not many casters in Sweden...

John

Buckshot
03-20-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm in Sweden (Umeå) but I'm originally from Canada (the most boring part -- southern Ontario! :-)

Not many casters in Sweden...

John

.................I wonder why that is? But actually, compared to the number of shooters here in the US, there aren't that many boolit casters.

...............Buckshot

PatMarlin
03-20-2006, 12:31 AM
That tis good cause it means more lead for us.. :mrgreen: