PDA

View Full Version : lee mold

bisley45
02-20-2006, 12:33 PM
have any of you had the pin that holds the mold block on the handels come out mine did and have only used it two time thats how come there so cheap but on the bright side I did fix it

Dale53
02-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I have not had that happen, so far :razz: . However, did have the alihnment spud come out of the block on my new Lee six cavity. I am hoping, with better lubrication, it will stay in (not so much "pull" on the stud when opening the mould). I now have received my shipment of BullShop Bull Plate Lube and will try that. I am optimistic that will solve it.

Dale53

MTWeatherman
02-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I've had it happen twice...on both mould blocks of the same mould. It is an easy fix...just put the pin back in and stake it in place with a nail punch or something similar.

You're right...Lee holds costs down on those one and two cavity moulds by paying little or no attention to quality control. Lees work fine in general , but you have to be prepared to do some initial tweaking and maintenance on them.

Look at the quality and cost of their 6 cavity moulds. Because of that, it always seemed to me that Lee could greatly improve the design and quality of their one and two cavities without too much additional cost. I, for one, would be happy to pay for the improvement and would guess that I'm not alone.