PDA

View Full Version : Well, Don't this beat all

StarMetal
02-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Read this in my local Sunday newspaper this morning about PETA.

Joe

9.3X62AL
02-19-2006, 01:26 PM
NOTHING advocated by PETA, Earth First!, and (sad to say) the Sierra Club and like/similar preservationist lunatic organizations would surprise me.

NVcurmudgeon
02-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Excuse me, I have to go and pray for the souls of the victims of this morning's bacon and egg breakfast.

Maven
02-19-2006, 02:26 PM
You mean PETA doesn't mean "People Eating Tasty Animals"?

StarMetal
02-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Maven,

You got it right, it does mean what you said.

Deputy Al,

Why can't the normal people in this country see the lunacy of PETA and ambolish them? Would you want your children brought up to believe what PETA believes? I know I wouldn't....and PETA isn't the only organization like that.

Curmudgeon,

They and others certainly need your prays. Here's money that they want to waste on those crosses where pigs died when alot of PEOPLE could use some real help, like the New Orleans folks from the recent storm there.

Joe

9.3X62AL
02-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Joe--

Because normal people have jobs, families, lives, bills to pay, and REAL problems to resolve. Normal people have a difficult time taking anything seriously that these tree hugging lotus eaters might say or do.

StarMetal
02-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Deputy Al

REAL problems....there you go Al...that may be it. PETA, I guess, is taken as a joke to many.

Joe

Maven
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
All, I remembered this after (naturally!) my earlier post, but I think you'll enjoy this bit of PETA/Animal Rights (oxymoron) insanity: The town of Fishkill, N.Y. (founded in 1714) is maybe 42 miles south of my home and on the east shore of the Hudson River. In 1996, the aforementioned group mounted an initiative to, get this, change the name "Fishkill" to something less offensive to their heightened and no doubt superior, sensibilities. Needless to say, they were regarded as a bunch of loonies and the initiative (I was going to say "offensive") failed. Btw, the Hudson Valley was settled by the Dutch in the 17th century. The suffix -kill describes a watercourse, not the taking of a life.

StarMetal
02-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Paul,

Exellent....that really shows you how they don't investigate things they protest. Good show.

Joe

jballs918
02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
man if they had to put signs up for pigs whats next. btw i did eat some pork this morning yum. some people lol [smilie=p:

waksupi
02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
There is more prodding needed at the IRS, about PETA, and other groups of this sort. They illegally lobby for thier causes. 501(C)3 organizations can't do this legally, and maintain thier tax exempt status. I'd sure like to see some of the local fuzzy head gangs get thier exemption pulled, so it wouldn't be so politically correct for the rich weirdos to give them money. No tax deductions, equals no donations. Tax exempt status was meant for such things as churches, not to cover political agendists.

wills
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
There is more prodding needed at the IRS, about PETA, and other groups of this sort. They illegally lobby for thier causes. 501(C)3 organizations can't do this legally, and maintain thier tax exempt status. I'd sure like to see some of the local fuzzy head gangs get thier exemption pulled, so it wouldn't be so politically correct for the rich weirdos to give them money. No tax deductions, equals no donations. Tax exempt status was meant for such things as churches, not to cover political agendists.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode26/usc_sec_26_00000501----000-.html

Dale53
02-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Star Metal;
I have one thing to say about PETA - GAG!!!

Dale53

waksupi
02-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Wills, thanks for pulling that code up. that was not the original intent of the exemption, and has expanded exponentially over the years. I'll read through that, and see if I can find some nice, big stones, to roll into some local gardens.

Buckshot
02-20-2006, 06:05 AM
..............Anyone recall years ago that the deer population in the Florida Everglades had exploded. The state game agency was estimating several thousand would starve to death in the next year and a half. They figured the best way to handle it was to issue deer tags and extend the season and liberalize the 'In Possesion' numbers.

Cleveland Amory rolls in and files an injunction in court to halt the special hunt. He offered no alternative, and simply got his news coverage then rolled on out of town.

Several thousand deer starved to death in the Everglades.

.................Buckshot

OldBob
02-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Yep Buckshot, I remember that one, just another line in the long list of examples of the near extinction of common sense. Maybe another grassroots organization is the answer, something like People Opposing Outrageous Pec***heads......... the name is catchy enough to get attention and the acronym is sorta attention getting. Possiblly we could mark the sites of PETA interupted hunts with a PETA member sitting atop a long sharpened stake......... well, gotta go now, time to simmer a chunk of dead pork and abort a couple of chickens. I'll leave you with this thought, if there is ever another Great Depression, these *******es will starve........... survival of the fittest........