PDA

View Full Version : Ever see one of these?

xxclaro
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I got this from my dad,who found it among a bunch of stuff he bought an an auction sale. Looks like it might work well for casting. It's a Sta-Warm model 252 R, but there's something missing. When I took out the electrical plug in the end of the handle,there's nothing behind it to connect it to the pot itself. I assume there needs to be and element or something behind it to carry the current into the copper-lined pot. I'll try to post a pic here,see if anyone recognizes it.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/xxclaro/DSC00132.jpg

geargnasher
04-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Um, I think your photo has kicked the bucket, please try again.

Gear

briang
04-15-2009, 11:44 PM
I see the photo fine, no idea on what it is

Johnch
04-15-2009, 11:47 PM
I remember something that looked like that in the resturant that my grandmother run ages ago

No clue if it is the same item
Or what it was used for

But I remember washing it a lot of times that summer I was THE person that washed every dish and pot

John

jdgabbard
04-15-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing some kinda heating pot. Possibly for casting. Maybe for use in stained glass???

mikenbarb
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Donut maker??? Thats almost what it looks like if it lifts off the base and it pours over a round bottom plug.

briang
04-16-2009, 12:08 AM
I remember something that looked like that in the resturant that my grandmother run ages ago

No clue if it is the same item
Or what it was used for

But I remember washing it a lot of times that summer I was THE person that washed every dish and pot

John

I can't believe I didn't remember this before. It's for dropping pancake and waffle batter on to the griddle and iron. Unless like Mike said it pours over a round plug, than its a donut maker. It's not supposed to be heated, I have no idea why there was a cord in the handle.

Shiloh
04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I think you nailed it Briang!!

They use it for funnel cakes from the vendors at the carnival or county fair also.
Your arteries harden just from looking at these things frying in vats of grease,
but they taste sooooo good!!

Shiloh

xxclaro
04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Well,it's definitely not a donut maker! I actually managed to find the company online,and they're still in business. They make all sorts of heating and melting apparatus. it is definitely for melting something, and I hope it'll work for lead.

buck1
04-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Anyone recall that old tv show .."The liers club" ? LOL

keeber
04-16-2009, 08:58 AM
It looks like an older glue pot... for keeping hide glue relatively warm for veneering in the woodworking/cabinetry industries.

oldtoolsniper
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I have a sta-warm pot with a copper lining and it is used for hide glue. Holds a temp of 142F,
mine is not shaped like that but most glue pots use a copper lined pot.

compass will
04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I would say it was not for lead, because the lead would be soldered all over the copper if it was ever used.

Maybe something down the line of pastry decorating, like for chocolate melting, or some other kind of decoration.

Echo
04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
>I< would clean it thoroughly and use it to make MY OWN Funnel Cakes! You only live once...