PDA

View Full Version : Kroil will ship direct from their company

ghh3rd
04-14-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't know if anyone else has a problem finding Kroil, but I went to their web site http://www.kanolabs.com/google/ and saw that they had a "special".

I ordered two 13oz aerosal cans for $12 that includes shipping, and they ship out two days from order date. I don't know if that's more or less than store price, but it sure beats having to wait until I locate some and then drive there to pick it up.

Randy

Jeffery8mm
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I too ordered from them. I got 2 cans of regular 8oz and a free can of areokroil. The free can was a special. Here is the link....
https://secure.concentric.com/kanolabs.com/orders/order_kroil.shtml
Jeff

shotman
04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey the old farts will tell you not to get near a mold. But it works dont it? Advance and NAPA has it most of the time.
Dont tell anyone it works . Theyare too hard headed to listen

jhrosier
04-14-2009, 07:55 PM
I too ordered from them. I got 2 cans of regular 8oz and a free can of areokroil. The free can was a special. Here is the link....
https://secure.concentric.com/kanolabs.com/orders/order_kroil.shtml
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

My order for 2-8oz cans and the free areokroil is placed.
I wanted some but hesitated to pay $14 + tax for an 8 oz can at the local gun shop.

Jack

Jeffery8mm
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
I work at a NAPA and cant get Kroil there.
The Freebie is a good deal!!
Jeff

EMC45
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I got a can years back at a machine shop I worked at. I should have got a few when I was there.

captaint
04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Sinclair has Kroil - always in stock if you can't find it local. I've cleaned my AR barrel with it - what do youse guys use it for. Relative to casting?

Jeffery8mm
04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Never used it on any part of a mold. What would you use it for on a mold?? I use it as a bore cleaner. It really does seem to creep under any lead fouling and make it easy to remove. Kroil is safe to leave in the barrel for any amount of time you desire.
Also makes one heck of a penetrating oil, oh wait, that's what it is!!!!!!
Jeff

Slow Elk 45/70
04-14-2009, 11:48 PM
"Old Farts to hard headed to listen" What??? I listen a lot, age and treachery, will be around way after youth and exuberance is gone...if you live long enough[smilie=1: Thanks for the links.:drinks:

looseprojectile
04-15-2009, 12:41 AM
tapping fluid when threading aluminum, among other things.
Old age --- I thought I was mellowing out in my old age as I perceived that I have more tolerance and understanding and let things slide that I used to get upset over. Turns out that I just don't give a crap anymore!!!
I probably have a lifetime supply of Aero Kroil.

Life is good

04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
They have a current sale on for 2 - 16.5 oz cans for $16 or $18, shipped. Aerokroil. Great stuff.

EMC45
04-15-2009, 06:27 AM
I use it for bore cleaning and it cuts through old oil and Cosmoline like crazy! The guys at the machine shop I worked at would use it for tapping fluid. They would pour the stuff like water all over. I try to be conservative with mine. No telling when I'll get more.

Rodfac
04-15-2009, 06:32 AM
Great bore cleaner...but I can't see any actual difference with respect to Ed's Red. Both do the job and leading and copper fouling seem less when I' ve been using them...Ed's Red is a heck of a lot cheaper...

Just another 'old fart' adding my 2 cents.

Regards, Rodfac

gary0529
04-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Maybe we can get Ed to chime in here re: his blend compared to Kroil for getting the last bits of lead out of a barrel.
Reason for the query is that just yesterday I returned form the range, pulled the 45 barrel and soaked it in Ed's red for 30 minutes, brushed the snot out of it with a nylon brush and it looked good.
Then, just for grins and giggles I ran a tight cotton patch with Kroil through it Voila! numerous flakes of lead.
I was sure surprised.

Just the observations of an old man.

Gary

dwtim
04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
You can use it to free rusty parts?!

:)

I use it to get rid of stubborn lead, and as a barrel treatment to make it easier to remove rust in the future. (No, I don't shoot through a barrel that's wet with Kroil.)

cajun shooter
04-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I first learned about Kroil when attending machinist training in 1963. I was in my sophomore year of high school. I have used it ever since for tap and die chores, frozen parts, and gun cleaning. Soak a bbl overnight and it will remove any lead.

Mtman314
04-15-2009, 07:45 AM
I've used it to free up bolt actions that had been through house fires.

Mtman314
04-15-2009, 07:51 AM
I've used Kroil to free up bolt actions that had gone through house fires.

In the sulphur plant we used it alot on pump bearings. When the bearings were screaming and were about ready to die we would back off the packing and spray in a can of kroil and that usually gave us enough time to get the new bearings in to rebuild the pump.

montana_charlie
04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Hey the old farts will tell you not to get near a mold. But it works dont it?
Theyare too hard headed to listen
I use it for bore cleaning.
What do you use it for on a mould?
CM

Down South
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
As a mechanic out in the Gulf of Mexico I’ve used a lot of Kroil and just about any other penetrating oil that you can think of. There is no telling how many cases of Kroil that I’ve ordered over the years. So far it has been the best penetrating oil that I have used with WD 40 being the worst.

fastgun
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
It has been my life long ambition to get old. The alternative ain't so good. I'm just not in a hurry.

captaint
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
OK, now I feel better. Couldn't figure how one could use Kroil for boolit casting!