PDA

View Full Version : New to post

mooman76
02-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Just thought I'd drop a line to say hey, I'm new to this post but I've been casting for over 30 years. I started off as a kid with slingshot pellets, moved on to Muzzle loaders about 20 years ago and started with them there new fangled breech loaders about 5 years ago!

jballs918
02-17-2006, 06:24 PM
welcome to the board mark,

this place has entirely way to much stuff to read. sone really good stuff

jason

Buckshot
02-18-2006, 02:49 AM
................Mooman76, a hearty welcome upon you! Another Silver State resident. They're getting to be common as dirt around here 8). Feel free to post experiences, thoughts, feelings, discoveries, suppositions, guesses, and minor lies.

This board is NOT pure science although there are members heavy into that, and we all benefit. However it's geared more to the average guy interested in shooting with good accuracy and accomplishment with personal satisfaction and fun as the prime goal.

...............Buckshot

Scrounger
02-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Buckshot's right, there are a lot of Nevadans on this board; maybe we can take it over, rename it Cast Boolits of Nevada or Nevada Cast boolits or something. Anybody know just how many of us there are? Maybe we should have our own convention in Beatty or Goldfield or some similar metropolis. I know that at least two of us are members of Desert Sportsman Club in Las Vegas. Maybe we could arrange a mid-winter shoot there.

trooperdan
02-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I don't know but I think Montanaians (?) might have the edge on Silver State residents! Better be careful about renaming it or Rick might demand a recount!

Blackwater
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Whatever ya' call it, ya' mind if'n us Jawja boys still read it? ;^)

And welcome to the cast boolit board, Mooman. Pull up a stump and get ready to learn. I'm sure enjoying it. Lot of newbies here, so you're in good company. I've shot lots of cast in pistols, but just learning about using them in rifles, and I'm darn glad I found this place. I doubt seriously I'd be investigating cast in rifles if I HADN'T found this site. Now, I've got yet ANOTHER way to bumfuzzle myself, but .... well, who amongst us is truly happy unless and until we're bumfuzzled by a shooting "problem," right? All education has to be EARNED, and it's no different here than with anything else. Well, there's ONE difference. This kind of education is FUN!

44man
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
C'mon guys, your forgetting us West ginians an Ohioans. I been bumfuzzled all my life!

mooman76
02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I hope to be able to pass on a little knowledge to this BB as well as learn from it!

454PB
02-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Welcome mooman76. We call ourselves Montanans, by the way. Maybe the reason there are so many of us and Nevadans(?) on the board is that we have so much vacant land to shoot in!

I found this spot back on the old format, and spent several nights just catching up on past wisdom, maybe you are doing the same.

waksupi
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't know but I think Montanaians (?) might have the edge on Silver State residents! Better be careful about renaming it or Rick might demand a recount!

There are two factions of Montana residents. The regular ones are known as Montanans. The people who move in, and are a pain in the butt, are known as Montanaroids.

High Desert Hunter
02-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Hello from New Mexico. With that much experience, we hope you'll be sharing. I am moving from straight walled cases, and contemplating the bottle necked 30 caliber of 1906 vintage.

Dave

jh45gun
02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Hello from WI and Welcome!

carpetman
02-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Waksupi is correct there are Montanans and montanaroids. Some of the montanaroids do become Montanans. Texans are some of the ones that don't. You can tell the Montanans by their zipper. Their zipper is silent. Something to do with lanolin on it????????????

454PB
02-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Carpetman......that was Baaaaaaaaaaaaahd.

Montana...where men are men and sheep are lying little bi*ches.

MTWeatherman
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Welcome Mooman!!

Montanans it is Dan. It might make an interesting survey. Since there's a shade less than a million people in the whole state of Montana, we Montanans must be at least at the top in terms of percentage of residents on the board.

I always thought is was "Montana...Where men are men and the sheep are afraid" ...that's a good twist on it 454PB.