PDA

View Full Version : Canadian gun registration

shooter575
02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Newly elected conservative prime minister Stephen Harper has decided to dump the gun registration fiasco.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c60d961a-ec99-4923-aef4-625b30cafe1c&k=6634

Hope this works well for our northern brothers.

trooperdan
02-17-2006, 02:39 PM
WOO Hoo!! Good news for our northern cousins! Just wish something similar would happen in Australia; I'm amazed how restrictive the gun polices are there, in a land that I still think of as "the last frontier".

Bret4207
02-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Those poor folks up there spent something like 5 billion dollars on their gun registration program and it still is floundering around like a road hit 'possum. Their submarines burn, their Diabetics have to pay ungodly prices for needles while the drug addicts get theirs for free and folks are waiting 2-5 months for MRIs, cancer treatment and other surgureys. Ottawa has 1 (one) radio station with a conservative tilt and they have a little ex-liberal talk show host named Lowell Green who makes Rush, Sean and all of Fox look like the Kennedy cheer leading squad. I love to hear the "other side of the story" from Canada after listening to how they got everything right up there. They do have some wonderful programs and ways of doing things that should be tried down here, like milk quotas for farmers. To bad the rest of Canada is shackled with Quebec.

I was always told my ancestors got kicked out of Nova Scotia. Now I wonder if that was such a bad thing after all.

versifier
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Quebec keeps wanting to secede, I can't figure out why the rest of Canada doesn't demand it. A little political Preparation H, if you will.

NVcurmudgeon
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Bret, I noticed the same conservative leanings among the good folks of Alberta recently. Over a few excellent Canadian brews, my unofficial poll was one liberal, and he wasn't a virulent one, to eleven or so conservatives. Seems like their government has been hijacked by lefties just as ours has.