PDA

View Full Version : Knight long range hunter - better after?

borderghost
04-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Have a new knight Long Range hunter - shot an honest 2.5 @ 100yds , 5"@200
being a bench rest shooter i want the best ( that i can get ) Problem with the knight - supose to be free floated barrel ( it is per say ) only thing is when you tighten the action screws , you can see the barrel lift up or down , back horse shoe lug is not real nice system - I bedded the action with bedding compound , out bout 1" in front of the front action bolt screw , plus between these points also, bedded the rear action bolt ( horse clamp ) it is a pain in the _ _ _ to do , you have to have it so you can still remove the action from the stock after. if never done it before , P.S PUT SHIMS UNDER THE BARREL TO KEEP THE ACTION LEVEL .have some one do it , can riun your gun stock if it sticks permenant , use release agent on the steel parts ., After from my bench , i can get all bullets to touch @ 100yd ( barnes TMZ - 290grn ) I patch between shots ( my own formula ) @ 200yd i am getting 2.5 " @ 300yd getting under 4" depending on conditions ( these are honest trys ) not sure why knight does not take that bit of extra time with there stocks to get away with them canting on the action screws .These are one accurate rifle - I have owned different ones . Knights are also heavey to carry all day , makes the best sitting / blind gun that i have had.
just for you knight owners, One thing bout any gun that has a full wood / syn stock , you can do this with.