PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Militec

d_striker
04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
anyone use Militec for mold lube?

TCLouis
04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I have a bottle but it has never been near te molds. Am I missing a chance to use it for something?

I won't live long enough to use it all as a gun lube!

RugerFan
04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Just keep in mind that it is a lubricant only. It does NOT prevent corrosion.

monadnock#5
04-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I've used it on firearms, as directed, and found the performance didn't live up to the claims. It never occurred to me to get any of it on my moulds, on purpose or otherwise.

44man swears by STP as a lubricant on the ratchets of his revolvers. I've been using Militec for the same purpose. At least it's not going to waste.

Larry Gibson
04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I've got 3 large bottles of Miltec and won't use it all in my lifetime either as it takes very little for any application. When I deployed to Iraq in 2004 we used it along with numerous other specops units on all our weapons and it performed as claimed. Was/is an excellent lube for dry dusty envirnments. I continume to use it. Never thought of using it on moulds as a lube, might have to try it out.

Larry Gibson

Bladebu1
04-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I love the stuff on my guns
I may have to try it on a mold
you have to heat it up to get to work right anyhow

jdgabbard
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
DONT USE IT ON THE MOLD! Militec is a synthetic lube, that dries to a thin film. This film when super heated cooks onto whatever it is on. The Lubrication goes away, only leaving you needing to re-apply. After a few applications it will start building up.

Best not to use it, but that is just my .02