PDA

View Full Version : Remington 40XB Trigger Adjustment

dmickey
02-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Can anyone (Norman E. Johnson are you out there?) help me with adjusting the Remington 40XB trigger? I have (currently) six Remington 40XB's that five of which need the trigger adjusted for pull weight. I have checked with three local gunsmiths and all of them want to adjust all three screws. In the booklet that comes with the rifle, two of the screws are listed as "factory adjustment" only. Should I let one of the 'smiths adjust these rifles or is it simple enough that I could do the adjusting myself? :???:

David R
02-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Weather the smith does it or you do, all 3 will need tweaking.

One is for overtravel, one for sear engagment and one for spring tension.

Since you have so many, have a smith do one and see how it works out.

David

Herb in Pa
02-16-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.quarterbore-inc.com/quarterbore-com/library/articles/rem700trigger.html

Frank46
02-17-2006, 03:34 AM
dmickey, I have one of the 40x'x in 7.62nato and the booklet said that only one screw was to be used to lower the weight of pull. That having been said, if you find a good smith he should be able to readjust them for you. Or you could dismount one trigger and send it to Neil Jones who will do a job on them. He specializes in doing triggers as well as a bunch of die modifications as well as other work. And he's in pennsylvania. Frank