PDA

View Full Version : Kudos for Lee at least from me

slimpickins
04-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I have heard alot of bad about lee's customer service and was beginning to belive it. I had broken the handle on my autoprime and snapped off the spru plate handle on a 6 holer (shouldve opened it sooner) anyway after 3 weeks of trying to reach them and getting a busy signal or no answer they said good morning ok let me check on that ok whats your address you should have it in 6-8 days Thanks. And the same thing again the second time thirty minutes lates since i forgot about the spru plate handle the first call. So all I now am one to stand on the praise side and doubt the bad stuff ive heard. They didnt ask when how or anything just we'll send it right out.

Nora
04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Nice to hear some good news for a change. With as much product as they have pumped out over the years they must be doing something right just the same. When it comes to bad press from any consumer product or service we've got to keep one thing in mind. Justified or not, a happy customer will usually only tell one person. A dissatisfied customer will go out of his way to tell ten, and negative rumors have a way of spreading like wild fire.

Bret4207
04-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Funny, I've had good luck with Lee service and lousy from RCBS. Just the opposite of what everyone else tells. I think most places give pretty good service, but a lot depends on who you get on the phone.

Bladebu1
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
So far I like lee
I was having small issues setting up a press and they were more the quick on there e-mail reply and a couple days later the emailed asking it work good for me
that was customer service

Willbird
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I have never heard of a person sending a broken or defective Lee product back and not being taken care of. I even sent a used TL 6 cavity back and told them their TL bullets and tumble lube sucked and they cheerfully sent me a mold for a grease groove bullet. Pat of course had to write some text that said somehow it was MY fault, but I got what I wanted :-). A 45 acp TL bullet for one thing should not cast at .455 with any alloy you try ;-).

Bill

docone31
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I have dealt with Lee Customer Service before.
I have always been dealt with competantly.
All I have in reloading is Lee. You get quite used to them and when you know their ways, their stuff works well.
I can take an alumnum Lee mold, and cast that day! The one set of dies I had them redo, it was fast, well done, and they listened.

keeber
04-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Every Lee mold that I have purchased, arrived mysteriously on a day I was going to be casting... :) I hose them down with brake cleaner, wipe them, smoke the cavities, sip them in the melt, and then rub the sprue plate with bee's wax... I'm casting in 20 minutes of opening the box. I typically remelt the first 3 drops every time I cast, but they are always perfect after that.

jonk
04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Brett,

You and me both. RCBS has been nice to me on small things but the minute I broke something big they refused to fix it for free, then refused to reimburse for shipping, then refused to reimburse for having fixed it wrong and charged me again!

2TN Mules
04-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty new to casting but Lee has been great to me. After having a 2 cavity mold for 1 week and casting 5K boolits I somehow knicked 1 cavity. Probably wasn't enough to matter but it bothered me. I shot them an email and asked about returning it for repair/replacement. Stated that the defect was my fault not theirs. They wouldn't take any money, just said to send it to them and they'd fix me up since it was only a week old. That is service above and beyond! it is a 2 cavity TL 230g 2R that consistently dropped 223g boolits with my alloy that measured 0.452. That kind of service got me to immediatly order a 6 hole in 9mm.

Heavy lead
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a lot of different brands of reloading and casting products, and while the Lee isn't necessarily my favorite in everything across the board, if I could only buy one brand and none of the others I would pick Lee hands down period. That says it all for me.

Recluse
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I have a lot of different brands of reloading and casting products, and while the Lee isn't necessarily my favorite in everything across the board, if I could only buy one brand and none of the others I would pick Lee hands down period. That says it all for me.

Ditto.

I've had outstanding customer service from Lee for better than thirty years. Not one single complaint, ever. Same goes for RCBS. I've had other-wordly positive experiences with them when I've needed help or needed something fixed.

Dillon? Well, what can I say. I don't have much Dillon equipment, but I HAVE needed their customer service from time to time. I grouse often and loudly about "paying for their No BS Warranty" up front in the purchase price, but every single time I've needed something from Dillon, it hasn't cost me one red penny.

Now we come to Lyman. . . Used to be the same way with them many years ago. then three/four years ago, I started noticing a slight, subtle--but OBVIOUS--shift towards "it's your fault, not ours" attitude. May be true, so far as the fault lies, but that never stopped Lee, RCBS or Dillon from taking 100% care of me.

I will probably still buy--albeit hesitatingly and suspicously--occasional new Lyman products IF I can't find anything else comparable. I'll buy used, older Lyman equipment all day long and never think twice.

And finally, Hornady. . . the biggest disappointment of all. Bought a powder measure some ten years ago. Must've been a complete lemon as it simply would not throw a consistent charge from one to the next. Forget accurate charge--I'm talking it wouldn't even stay within four to five grains consistent! Obviously a problem with the baffles or whatever. Ie, a manufacturering defect.

Went back and forth with them, and told I didn't know how to properly set it up and use it. Told them I had no such problems wit my RCBS and Lee units. Sent it back several different times, expecting to get a new one. Instead, kept getting the same unit back with notes that said it worked fine for them.

Finally tossed it in the trash.

Had problems with a set of .308 dies. Repeat customer service problem. And finally, now a little $20 cam-lock bullet puller. Same results.

I'll give up reloading and start buying factory ammo before I purchase--or recommend--another piece of reloading equipment from Hornady.

:coffee:

mooman76
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I've broke a few minor Lee items and got them replaced no ? asked within a week and for free.

slimpickins
04-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I know I will definately be buying more of lee that is if it ever comes back in stock around here. They didnt even ask me to send in the broken pieces when I called them. I havent had to call rcbs yet but I do have several dies that may require attention so a call may be in my future for them. Lyman I have three presses and a passel full of extras but only one uni decapper. So I sure hope I dont have to call them on the presses they are my main ones.

Hang Fire
04-10-2009, 12:31 AM
In 1964 I had a 8mm Mauser and a friend had a 8mm-06 chambering reamer, and he rechambered it to that. Money being tight, all I had was one of the Lee Classic loading sets in 30-06, so sent die to Lee and asked the price if they could open up the neck sizer portion to 8mm? Got it back as asked in the mail a few days later, at no charge.

So needless to say, I don't have nothing but praise for Lee, and have more than a few of their products.