PDA

View Full Version : Sizing TL boolits..........

supv26
04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Just a comment of my new molds and sizing.
If you have been keeping up with my posts you'll see I have been casting .430's and .452's using Lee tumble lube bullet molds.

First off, when I run the .452's through the sizer they just barely get sized because they slip through pretty easy. In fact, the LLA just barely gets wiped off if any at all. Now, the .430's take a bit more force to push through the sizer and does take the lube off when sized.

Last night before I started casting I sprayed some Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet Mold Release Agent and Lube on the molds. I sized the .430's tonight and they slipped through the sizer a lot easier than the bullets that were cast with out using the Frankford spray. The spray must have brought the size of the mold closer to the actual .430 size.

Using my calipers on both bullets I am amazed as to how well the sizer works. The boolits are as close to perfectly round as you could get. I will get to load and shoot some of these this weekend so I will post back as they compared to the same bulllets that were not sized.

Ok, I'm done rattling on now................:Fire:

ghh3rd
04-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Let us know how it goes. I am also a tumble lube caster.

Randy

leftiye
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Thas becuz the mold prep coated the bore and then the mold cast SMALLER boolits. Don't use too much, and try to get it on evenly (yes, you can make unbalanced boolits this way). Better still, don't use it. Try spraying some case lube on the boolits to ease force required for sizing.