PDA

View Full Version : Taking bets...

jdgabbard
04-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Ok, just called up RCBS to order a seater plug for a RN boolit in a 9mm die. Well, they don't sell those for 9mm. But the .38spl plug is the same diameter and it works great with the 124 RN TL from what they told me. So I said I needed one and the lady is shipping it free of charge.

Now, here is the fun part. With the rush on everything gun related, how long do you bet its gonna take to get here.

:killingpc

44man
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I will say 2 to 4 days, depends on the postal service you have.

mtgrs737
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
My new seater plug only took a few days from RCBS. Bet you have it the first of next week.

jdgabbard
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Postal service is in Tulsa. Probably go out tomorrow morning if that is the case, and then either friday or monday.

How long ago did you get them to send you one?

Nora
04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I think you were robbed. My RCBS 3 die 9mm luger set #20504 came with one. It came with 2 total, the round nose, and one for truncated cone.

IMO RCBS has an awesome customer service. I bought a bad hand primer a wile back. Hoping I wouldn't get the run around to return it for a new one. The gal that answered was both friendly and knowledgeable about their products. After explaining the problem she sold me what was not right on it and only asked where to send a new one. Didn't want the dysfunctional one back, no receipt, or proof of perchance, just where to send the replacement. Got it in 3 days USPS.

jdgabbard
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
I think you were robbed. My RCBS 3 die 9mm luger set #20504 came with one. It came with 2 total, the round nose, and one for truncated cone.

This is a USED die set that I bought from a guy that runs the local supply store. #20504 on the box as well, and "RCBS 9MM LU SEAT 88" on the top of the seater die. It did come with one for a TC or any J-word HP design. But not the RN profile. Doesn't matter, didn't get robbed. Only paid $5 for the dies and RCBS is shipping me a plug for free. With a deal like that I can't complain.

Nora
04-08-2009, 06:55 PM
You can't beat that at twice the price. Think maybe you were the one doing the robbing then. Nice score!! [smilie=w:

jdgabbard
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, it was a good deal. The only thing that would have made it better is if it would have been the carbide dies...