PDA

View Full Version : tried this!

charlie45
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Iwas getting set up to try felix lube but no caster oil in town. So I went with the suggested bees wax then added 1/2 bottle of Liquid alox, 2 tablespoons of Canola oil and 1 teaspoon of Lanolin.
I melted the wax,added the alox & oil, heated on low for 10 minutes then took of the heat and cooled for 5 minutes added Lanolin.
I just got my 6.5 mold today and hopefully my 303 mold tomorrow. Saterday well tell the story. Wish me luck!

fourarmed
02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Good luck. Don't forget to give your invention a grandiose-sounding name, and post some incredible claims for the accuracy it produces. This is a requirement.

charlie45
02-18-2006, 10:02 AM
No name, no claim, just trying to learn and have fun with a great hobby!

JohnH
02-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Without a name, it's just glop. Who wants to tell their shooten buddies they shoot just plain 'ol ordinary glop in thier rifle, Naw, it's gotta be Charlies PowPow Glop or it won't even stay on a boolit. Without a name it won't just lead your barrel, it'll attract any airborne lead particles and plate your bore. Trust me, as the maker of Funky Lube, I assure you, without a name your glop will take out its revenge on the creator. Others can shoot it no problem, but never you. Your homework assignment is to re-read Mary Shellys Frankenstien. That'll teach you a fine lesson in setting unnamed creatures free in the land of Cast Boolits :)