PDA

View Full Version : I just bought some lead.. Interesting story

pdgraham
02-15-2006, 05:36 PM
I just bought 95lbs of Wheel Weights and cast bullets at a place called Newlon Metals.. This time I paid about 20 cents a pound.. Last time I paid about 18 cents a pound.. I don't think the price of lead is going up.. I just think the people working behind the counter never know for sure what to charge.... :???:

Anyway.. I got to sort through the wheel weights this time and I got all long weights... When I came back to the weight station I saw a big plastic pickle jar full of various cast bullets so I said "I'll take all of those too".. The bucket of wheel weights was 50lbs and the plastic pickle jar full of cast boolits was 45lbs..

So.. I paid the guy and asked if I could get them to put it all on dolly and cart it out to my car.. they've been very good about that in the past.

"No Problem" said this skinny guy standing behind the scale "where are you parked"? I told him that I was in the blue chevy across the street and pointed out my car.. about 125 yards away from where we were standing. I never park near the place for fear of picking up a nail or something in my tires.

This skinny guy picked up the 45lb plastic jar of bullets and slung them under his left arm.. grabbed the 50lb bucket of wheel weights with his right hand and trotted the whole 125 yards to my car.. :shock:

I was out of breath when I caught up with him.. he didn't even break a sweat..

I feel very old and out of shape right now... :-(

drinks
02-15-2006, 10:09 PM
PD:
Welcome to the over the hill club.;D;D;D

Four Fingers of Death
02-16-2006, 03:40 AM
I drove a truck for a while as a young guy. Big and dumb and strong. Used to deliver cement, carried a bag under each arm or one on my left shoulder and one under my right arm. Naturally I have a crook back now, dumb.