PDA

View Full Version : Kahnke muzzle loader

borderghost
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Has anyone / heard of / had one / knew someone / Thinking of buying a Kahnke muzzle loader , they are made in Redwood Falls , MN , very small company ,(one man ) semi tradtional hammer, nipple, , what little i can find out
, they are a great little gun , great shooter , trigger pull is 2lbs or less , no creep , weigh bout 6lbs , alum frame is less , the finish sometimes is a little rough on receiver , I have a Knight long range hunter , shoots great , i alum bedded the action etc , gun is heavy to carry all day , and quite long in the brush , these little Kahnkes , can be ordered with any barrel length , I am thinking bout a 24 inch , and he tapers the barrel like a modern gun , any comments would be great.

Underclocked
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I know one guy (online) that has owned two Kahnke rifles but he didn't shoot them all that much. He bought them when Idaho was playing with rules changes, but when the state rescinded part of their earlier rule changes - he sold them. That is no help at all, I'm sure. :)

My understanding is that Gordon Kahnke somehow collaborated in the design of some of Pedersoli's inline offerings - http://davidepedersoli.com/?Item=Pedersoli2&lang=en - look at their Brutus 94.

Cecil Epp at PRBullet.com has a Kahnke and raved about it in the past. He might be willing to offer you some advice.