PDA

View Full Version : Happy .358 camper

softpoint
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Oilfield is slow, you have probably noticed me posting more! I have more time to play!
I had both of my .358 winnies out to play today. One is a model 600 Rem. Shilen 1/12 barrel Lone wolf stock. Bedded by Lone Wolf. 1x4 Leupold. Nice lightweight rig. The other is a 700 Rem. Same barrel, old 2x7 Vari x 2, Holland mounts, HS Precision stock. Free floated and fit by me.These rifles were both built at the same time, one was for a friend who traded it to me later. I should probably get rid of one of them, but haven't been able to make myself! These two 5 shot groups were at 50 yards with the Saeco 245 gr. Boolit. This was a new load with a powder I hadn't tried in either one before. .Boolets were sized in a .360 die that only barely touched the the parting line on the bullet. (had to have a magnifier to see it). These were cast from WW alloy with just a seasoning of Lino. (about 1 lb. lino to 20 lb. weights). Powder was old friend 3031, been overlooking him lately in favor of some of the newer stuff. On this day with this load the mod.600 really showed off, I thought. Since these were the only 10 rounds I had loaded, more testing in order. I have shot a good group with a load before and ran back in the house and promptly loaded 100 more only to find out that load wasn't as good as I thought! (Has anyone else here ever done that). At any rate, I was pleased. Now to load some more and back off to 100 meters!

44mag1
04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Nice, my .358 is also on a 600 action. Love those things