PDA

View Full Version : Shooters.com Refugee Checking In!

X-man
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Guys,

Glad to see I found you again. Another Shooter.com refugee checking in! Glad to be back on-line after a massive computer crash a while back. Good to see so many familiar user names. :)

45nut
04-09-2005, 08:45 PM
I remember that handle. Welcome indeed. :grin:

X-man
04-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I remember that handle. Welcome indeed. :grin:

Hey 45!
Nice to be remembered! Like the looks of the new site. :)

Buckshot
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
................A warm welcome, indeed! So how're things in "The New Land"?

...........Buckshot

X-man
04-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Buckshot!

You ain't gonna' believe it, but its minus 1 C and snowing right now! Thought we were going to finally get a little Spring, but nope! Shouldn't last too long, lawns are starting to turn a little green and most of the snow has melted, but we're still waiting.

Only good thing about this time of year is that there are a few seals on the go and Salmon/trout season opens in a few weeks, along with Spring Bear season. Hope to do both this year, along with some Coyote hunting out in central Newfoundland. Since the first 'yotes invaded the island back in the mid-80s they've spread across the entire island province and their population had exploded to the tens of thousands. Starting to take a toll on the caribou and moose populations.

We finally managed to get the DNR to give us a 10 month hunting season for coyotes this past summer, so I'm in the process of learning the ropes right now. Now if gas wasn't so darn expensive (just hit $1.01CDN a litre up here...and we have some of the best offshore oil fields in the world) I could do hunting on the West coast where the 'yotes are thick as thieves....