PDA

View Full Version : Saw some nice molds...

jdgabbard
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Went to the Tulsa Arms Show day before Saturday. Man was it packed. It was kinda hard to find anything. I kept my eyes out for molds, and saw about 5 throughout the show. Its kinda hard to find things when there is 10,000 people in such a small area.

One thing I did get to see was a H&G mold for a .358 WC. I'd never seen one before, but will say this. Those have to be the Bentleys of the mold world. I didn't buy it, but it was nice.

sheepdog
04-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I picked up 5 Lee moulds for $40 :)

jdgabbard
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
At the Tulsa show? You probably one of the guys that bought up all the primers too, huh. ;)

On a side note, I did buy a new leather holster and belt. Never had one before, have used a Galco Leather paddle holster before. But never a full leather rig. I've been told not to use anything to break it in, just to let it do it as I wear it. 'Bout how long should it take before it stop "creaking"

sheepdog
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Bah! I wasn't a dealer so I didn't get in on the phantom table friday night tradefest. One dealer told me he came with 350,000 small rifle primers. All sold to some dealer from California that I'm sure will resell them at $180 a box. Not a single one was sold to an individual.

I did find one pack of 100 federal small rifle for $2, nearly fainted.

Got these moulds from a reloader guy on the lower level about a row from the ledge in the middle. Had a mess of moulds, including some Ideal and Lyman's but all the Lees were priced to move. :) He even had some Varget for $20 a pound, not shabby these days.

Jack Stanley
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Ya shoulda bought the bently , ya woulda enjoyed it for the rest of your casting days an' ya coulda likely got all your money back when ya was finished with it . :D

But if'n ya didn't need it that's ok too , it's nice to see them out and about .

Jack

rockrat
04-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Wanted to go to the Tulsa show, but with the economy, couldn't justify the 2000k mile round trip, hotels,food, ect. Might make it to the fall show. Enjoy it and usually tired by Sunday afternoon.

jdgabbard
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Tulsa has some REAL big shows. At least the biggest "I" have seen.

Yeah, that H&G was priced at about $130. And while that isn't a lot, I had already spent my allowance for the day. And really couldn't justify spending the money on it at the moment. I still got to do some fixing up on my car. New tires, new windshield since mine cracked this winter, fixing the damage that a girl with no insurance did to my car when she hit me, ect. Really couldn't afford to spend another $130.

RayinNH
04-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I went to the Concord NH gun show this passed weekend and I bought a Bentley. A Hensley & Gibbs #22 four holer (a 454190 clone) for $20.00. I was a :D:D:D camper...Ray

dolang1
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I use to look forward to the Wannenmacher show. We would go early and stay late, but last year the show was 4 days after the election and the Obamaniacs ruined the show for me.

A dealer I know gave his tables back this year because if he sold all his guns at the show he wouldn't be able to open his store on Monday.

Maybe the fear buyinjg will slow down in a year or two and I can go back to the show. Later Don

jdgabbard
04-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Well, it was definitely crowded, thats for sure. And there was plenty of guns, ammo, ect. But the problem wasn't people buying it all up. The problem was all the dealers were over charging for stuff. For an example, I overheard one dealer who had a LARGE supply of ammo gripping about how they had brought all the stuff in and hadn't sold ANYTHING. No sales. None. Does he think that it may have had something to do with the $400 price tag on a case of ammo? Probably not. But when you could go to the other side of the building and get it for $230 why not go there? And even that was too high. When I asked one dealer what his price was and he told me that, I didn't even say another word. I simply turned around and walked away.