azcoyhunter
02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Fellow Casters

I am new to this board,

I cast and shoot 45 ACP.

30/30

7X57

Sling shot

All with ww, or whatever lead I can get at.

Great site.

Clint

carpetman
02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
azcoyhunter---welcome to the board. Let me guess---you are from Arizona,you hunt coyotes and you are in or were in the Marine Corp. See how perceptive us Air Force types like me are? Do you get your wheel weights free or do you have to buy them?

azcoyhunter
02-14-2006, 12:15 AM
carpetman

I have never paid for ww, but have traded either cast bullets, and or labor for them.

Yes 6 years as a Jar Head, out now, but looking back not a bad time

I do hunt and Kill as many Coyotes as possible, just now getting into tanning,

I have found the best round to not tear up the hide is a 22 Mag.

Clint

StarMetal
02-14-2006, 12:38 AM
azcoyhunter,

Please don't be so drawn in by carpetman. All he did was look at your personal information and he saw where you signed Semper Fi to something thus he knew you were a Marine. AZ is the abreviation for Arizona, and coy short for coyote. Carpetman is easy to figure out too...he doesn't drive a car..thus the car, he hates pets especially cats so he dispatches them, and we believe he's not a woman, thus the man.

Welcome to our nightmare...errr aaaah, I mean forum.

Joe

carpetman
02-14-2006, 01:50 AM
azcoyhunter---I read on one guys site that the .17 cal is THE gun for coyotes and minimal hide damage. I do shoot .22 cast,but have not shot anything to see how it does on the hide. Tell us more about the tanning---how you go about it.

azcoyhunter
02-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Carpetman

The first thing is to skin a rabbit, atleast that is waht I practice on, as that way when not if you screw it up not a big loss, start cleaning the hide, get all the fat, tissue ect.. off it, on a rabbit be careful.
Use Table salt ( non iodine) salt liberally.

I use a bottle of ready made tanning soultion.

When I can get the camera away from the wife I will take pics, if anybody interested...

Clint

MGySgt
02-15-2006, 10:44 AM
And we welcome another Brother to the Site of Lunitics!

Drew

HORNET
02-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Dante
Watch out for the sheep, cats, and the occasional bouts of political correctness (it could happen) :bigsmyl2:

Ed Barrett
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
We sometimes stay on topic for 5 or 6 posts too. Welcome.

Vegas Vince
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
azcoyhunter -- :-) Welcome aboard :smile: