PDA

View Full Version : grafs

shickf3
04-04-2009, 08:48 AM
I just ordered a mold from grafs the mold was within a few cents of midways price plus you only pay a 4.95 handling fee what ever the order size they pay the frieght and I dont have to pay to ship my backordered sizing die. With that kind of shipping deal I thought I would pay alot more for the mold.

mooman76
04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I too was plesantly surprized recently with my first order through Gaffs. The will get more orders from me in the future especially the small costly(because of size) orders.

EMC45
04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Grafs is my go to place! They may be out of some things at times, but there shipping and overall pricing is great!

Ole
04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I've bought lots of stuff from Grafs.

Never had a problem with them.

Storydude
04-04-2009, 10:14 AM
If you have a FFL on file with them, giving you a "dealer Discount", those prices stop looking as good as they are.

sure, with Dealer pricing the price drops 15-20%....But you pay FULL shipping. And Handling. And have a minimum order.

Shiloh
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Isn't there a handling fee that they use to off-set the shipping? In this case, a good size order would be better than just a few items.

Shiloh

EMC45
04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
I have an FFL and I make my orders large enough to make it worth-while!

Down South
04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I had an FFL for years but dropped it when the ATF decided to put the little guy like me out of business some years back by raising the price of the license. I was only buying guns and ammo for myself and friends and the price increase for the license just wasn’t worth it.
I’m not sure why, but I’ve never bought anything from Grafs but I would if they had what I needed and I couldn’t find it elsewhere. I don’t buy anything from Midway unless I have to because of their outrageous S&H charges.

georgewxxx
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Graf's also except a C&R as does Midway, but Midways dealer price is a joke compared to Graf's. It's worth your time to get a C&R if for nothing else to buy components. Black Hills shooters also have taken my C&R, and they really have good prices. They pay postage and Has-mat fee's so the prices in their flyer's look a bit high until you compare. Wish they'd adopt the on line inventory as most retailers do so you can order accordingly. Having said that, be aware everyone is short on reloading supplies. ....Geo

uncle joe
04-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I ordered a SB 223 die set from TNT after looking on several other sites that did not list any in stock. DUH TNT's site didn't show availability or not, don't know why I ordered from them :confused:
Anyway, I was reminded about Graf and sons by something I read, and ordered from them. They showed in stock and I received it in less than a week, cheaper than TNT. I e-mailed TNT to ask for delivery without a response, called them and got a busy signal and no answer on later tries. So I e-mailed a cancellation. Still ain't heard from them.

hedgehorn
04-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Grafs has always treated me good.

Willbird
04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
If you have a FFL on file with them, giving you a "dealer Discount", those prices stop looking as good as they are.

sure, with Dealer pricing the price drops 15-20%....But you pay FULL shipping. And Handling. And have a minimum order.

But you do not HAVE to order that way. They will let you pick the cheaper method. At least they let me do so.

Bill

Shiloh
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I had an FFL for years but dropped it when the ATF decided to put the little guy like me out of business some years back by raising the price of the license. I was only buying guns and ammo for myself and friends and the price increase for the license just wasn’t worth it.
I’m not sure why, but I’ve never bought anything from Grafs but I would if they had what I needed and I couldn’t find it elsewhere. I don’t buy anything from Midway unless I have to because of their outrageous S&H charges.

You are not the only small time dealer let it expire. ATF is purposely discouraging the small time dealer by pricing them out of casual business.
A LOT of folks no longer have FFL's

I personally have never applied for the C&R as I just don't want to deal with them, and possibly have them audit me looking for some sort of trivial violation.

Shiloh

Storydude
04-04-2009, 06:55 PM
But you do not HAVE to order that way. They will let you pick the cheaper method. At least they let me do so.

Bill

It ends up being a wash either way. Grafs is not the only dealer to do this. JGSales will ONLY ship to a dealer's address, even if you are not ordering under an FFL. I ran into that ordering ammo for an ENTIRE CLASS one day last year.

Wanted to get the ammo drop shipped to the training facility, the facility agreed to accept the shipment, called JG and because I had a DEALER account, they would NOT ship to a 3rd party location.

Ended up having a friend order it and they drop-shipped it no problem.

This was NOT a small order either.

Some dealers will only ship to the FFL address, and some dealers, once a delaer account is created, flag all orders to fall under "dealer" rules.

Now, that said, I order from Grafs all the time. They usually are still cheaper than Midway and others, I just don;t like the way that Shipping is a mystery till they charge the CC. Was it 20 bucks, or 65 bucks? Who knows....Until the Statement comes in :D

Of course, I only order over the internet. I don;t like placing orders over the phone.[smilie=1:

Slow Elk 45/70
04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Plus 1 for Graffs, they are 1st in my book, at least for now....

MT Gianni
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
I have used Grafs with great success since the mid 80's.