PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced primers!!!!!!!

hammerhead357
04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Well with the price of primers at an all time high and the availability limited some what can you imagine my surprise when I was moving some old ammo cans and found 6000 primers????
Yes I did. I was doing some spring cleaning and moved an old 50 cal. ammo can, it did't feel right so I opened it and lo and behold there was 6000 primers. Some were small rifle, some were small pistol and some were large pistol. There was a price tag on some of them $12.00 per thousand....Oh well good for me....Has anyone else had something like this happen???Wes

rhead
04-04-2009, 05:44 AM
I was looking for a box that had a few cartons of 22 shells in it a few weeks ago. I wanted to kee rotating my stock. I found them and they were sitting just in front of a 3 pound coffee can. I checked and it was quite heavy. I checked to see which bullets had been stored with loaded ammo. It was almost brim full with .22 pellets.
A few years back I was getting something out of a box in the attic. I found an old 50 cal box marked 30 30. I thought BRASS and picked it up. 1500 loaded rounds. It had got into the wrong box when we were moving. 20+ years in a south Arkansas attic! No missfires, No real misses, The only problem was maybe 10% split necks. I don't think I could get any worse storage conditions.

Bret4207
04-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I recently rediscovered 880 rounds of 303 surplus ammo I've misplaced 2 or 3 times. I bought this back when it was like $29.00 per 880 rounds. I've never shot it because it's my SHTF ammo, same as the several hundred 8x57 rounds I keep re-finding. I also keep finding the box of 500 32 S+W Long brass I won on Ebay about 1997, a good project for my Hornady LnL if I ever get it set up.

All you guys finding stuff, please keep and eye out for my trenching shovel my son "borrowed" in 1995. I can't find it anywhere....[smilie=1::mrgreen:

jawjaboy
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Recently I was doing a lil bit of house cleaning out at the shop and ran across an ammo can that I did'nt know I had. Got it opened up and discovered 300+ rounds of Norinco 223. :confused:

Honestly, I don't have a clue as to where this stuff came from. I don't even remember ever seeing Norinco 223 in a yellow box. :confused:

This bothered me. For about 30 minutes. :roll: Glad I found it tho. :mrgreen:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IMG_0175.jpg

fishhawk
04-04-2009, 09:31 AM
well as dirty as that norinco ammo is you should keep it lost! don't remember how many ARs came in with a pluged barrel key on the AR from shooting that junk. single shot ARs are not fun! was usaly 2-3 boxes and they key was pluged with carbon. steve k

kingstrider
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I found a bunch of 12 gauge shotshells I had hidden in an ammo can the other day. So yeah I guess I've done something similar.

jawjaboy
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
well as dirty as that norinco ammo is you should keep it lost! don't remember how many ARs came in with a pluged barrel key on the AR from shooting that junk. single shot ARs are not fun! was usaly 2-3 boxes and they key was pluged with carbon. steve k

It a be OK fishhawk. I don't have an AR. :wink:

hoosierlogger
04-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I found 3 plastic AR 30 rd mags that I bought at a flea market about 10 years ago. After a trip to the range with one of them, I remembered why I put them away. They are Junk and will be going to the flea market that I bought them at.

Typecaster
04-04-2009, 12:06 PM
My usual problem is that I can't find something I KNOW I have...somewhere. Sometimes I'll find the receipt, though. Then when SWMBO is gone and I think I can go through the shop or studio, I can't remember what I was going to look for...or I get sidetracked by something I DO find. Either it's ADD or it's because I'm getting closer to 60.

Organizational binges have created nightmares, too—especially now that I'm keeping "stuff" in ammo cans. Since I have a laminator in the studio, I usually make a business card-size ID tag and laminate it, then cable tie it to the can front handle. But when I don't complete the project, it's amazing how unmarked ammo cans all look alike a couple of weeks later...

Richard