PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help

DeadEyeSam
04-03-2009, 09:13 AM
long time lurker first time poster. first off let me say this place is awesome. i wish i would of known about this place along time ago probably would of help me keep my sanity. i was wondering if any of you had made a extended bolt handle for .22 rifles. i machined myself one the other day and it turned out better than expected. i've looked all over the internet and this site and haven't seen one like it yet. i wanted to make sure i didn't see it somewhere else and accidently copied it. my camera is one the fritz but i'll try to post a picture of it later today. thanks for any help

dubber123
04-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the forum! By all means, post pics, everyone likes looking at others handiwork.

DeadEyeSam
04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
the first one is a screw in handle. the second is a screw in and a bolt on next to a glenfield model 60. the third is them buy themselves. sorry the pictures are not that good my cameras still not working right.

HamGunner
04-07-2009, 02:56 PM
What will you be mounting them on? The Glenfield? If so, the weight must not increase much over the stock handle or it will fail to eject and cycle because of the need for more recoil energy. Looks like it might be a possibility for the conversion to the 17 Mach 2 though, if the barrel is available for the Glenfield.

DeadEyeSam
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
originally there were for my 10/22 but they only have about four or five threads holding them on. i don't no how much abuse it will handle im still testing it. as for the weight there made out of aluminum and i hollowed them out to make it as light as possible.

DeadEyeSam
05-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Well i'm happy to say that after a couple of thousand rounds, no jams. it didnt break so i must of done something right. :drinks:

fishmasty
06-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Very Nice. :coffee:

PatMarlin
06-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Ditto.

I just found this thread.